"Is that so?" Yuri calmly responded, refusing to let her get to him.

She nodded subtly, like it was just a fact.

"And what have you seen?" He asked.

She didn't answer. Her face remaining closed to him. Unreadable.

That was fine. He'd change that soon enough.

"You're facing a lot of time if you don't speak up." Yuri let her know. "You've handled it well so far, but even you would break after a couple months of torture."

She had the audacity to laugh. "You can try." She chuckled.

This woman irked him.

"You seem very confident." Yuri observed.

A small shrug.

"Why is that?" He asked. He wanted to know what kind of training she'd gone through to achieve this level of composure.

She, of course, didn't answer.

Yuri was at a loss. She sat so relaxed. As if she had gotten comfortable here. Ready to sit in these cells like it was home. She was so unbothered.

Yuri leaned forward to rest his elbows on the table, fingers still laced.

"See the thing is, if you don't give us what we need, we have no use for you. And you have quite the history as a criminal. I'd just as soon have you executed." Yuri meant these words, a rage that she'd caused his sister pain.

There.

A crack.

So small and subtle. Gone in an instant, the crack plastered, and painted over.

"If you don't like that outcome, then I'd suggest telling us what you know. I can offer leniency if you do." Yuri pushed. It was the last play he had left. Torture did nothing. Talking did nothing. He had no leverage against her. Only death remained. Fully committed to making it happen if it came to that.

For the first time since her stay with the SSS, the woman seemed to take him seriously. Her face remained unreadable, but less relaxed.

Yuri waited, impatiently patient, as she considered his words.

She was quiet for a long time and matched his gaze, refusing to look away. Yuri couldn't tell what she was thinking. Unfazed.

Then a flicker.

Uncertainty.

Fear.

But not from the prospect of death.

Trepidatious hope.

Though he didn't know for what.

Then she asked un unexpected question.

"What will you do with the one who has the girl?" Her voice steady and calm.

"We'll destroy them." Yuri answered without hesitation. Anger towards the instigator deeper than that for 'Susan.' Yor wouldn't be grieving the way she was right now if it weren't for them.

The fury and conviction seemed to hit a note with the spy. Truths longing to come out, but hesitation holding her back.

"I have conditions." She finally conceded and the torture had never felt more pointless to Yuri.

"You have conditions?" Yuri was shocked she had the arrogance to try to negotiate in her situation.

She nodded.

"What are they?" His eyes narrowed.

"I need you to rescue someone else first. And I need you to do it alone." She said.