Chapter 9: Chef Joins the Crew!

I DON'T OWN ONE PIECE!!!

Chapter 9: Chef Joins the Crew!

"Speaking/talking/Sound Effects"

'Thoughts'

"Attack names"

--------------------------

"Woah! They're all fired up to fight too!" I heard Luffy say, while ignoring the fact that Don Krieg shot one of his men in order to force his crew to stay and fight. I turned away and tried to ignore the queasy feeling of seeing an actual dead body drop on the remains of their ship.

"Hey, old man! It's a promise right?" asked Luffy again, while Zeff finally nodded. "You don't have to ask me twice. My restaurant would become a wreck, if I let you work here for a full year anyway."

Then I hear some of the chefs and Sanji discussing opening the 'fins' of the ship to get us more room to fight.

"HAND OVER THAT SHIP TO US, YOU PATHETIC COOKS!" yelled one of the enemy pirates as they started charging towards the restaurant.

"Alright! Let's get things started!" proclaimed Luffy.

He grabbed onto the railings of the ship and stretched out his arms: "Gomu gomu no... Rocket!" Then he launched himself into the crowd of pirates.

"Agh! He's flying towards us!" yelped a pirate, as Luffy charged forward, crying out his next move: "Followed by...Scythe!" With both of his arms stretched out, he bulldozed his way across several pirates, sending them tumbling into the sea. Just before he would fall into the sea with them, he caught hold of a nearby sail.

"Be careful, Luffy!" I shouted, staying in place, while the rest of the chefs stared in awe at Luffy's fighting moves.

"I'll send ungrateful crooks like you flying!" Luffy cried out, while Don Krieg smirked, "Haha! Planning to fight here where you can't even stand properly? I've heard that devil fruit users are weak against the sea... Is that right, Hammer Boy?"

However, Luffy blew him a raspberry: "I can't swim, but in return, I can stretch!"

"Take off!" Patty called from the front of the ship. "The Baratie's Naval Weapon! 'Sabagashira No. 1'!'"

"If you don't wanna die, then get out of the way!" yelled another chef, whose name I had yet to know. He was a stocky, average-sized man with brown hair and tanned skin. As with most of Baratie's other cooks, he had on an unremarkable chef's uniform, distinguished only by the addition of circular sunglasses. I was absolutely amazed as the fish head of the ship separated and paddled towards Don Krieg's ship.

"Woah! How'd it do that!" I shouted.

"Damn, that's so cool!" Luffy gasped in awe at the cool weapon deployed by the restaurant.

Things got even cooler... The fish head's mouth opened to reveal a set of three firearms pointing at the pirate crew.

"Oh, shi-!!!" One of the pirates cried out. But it was too late for him and his pals. In a jiffy, they were sprayed by a torrent of bullets.

The chefs cheered gleefully at this bloodbath, calling out the names of Patty and the Carne — the chef with the sunglasses.

"Opening the 'fins'!" a chef from inside signalled. At that point, large platforms from each side of the fish unfolded and sprang up onto the surface of the sea.

Sanji stood beside me, puffing a cigarette: "If you pirates want to fight, then bring it on."

Luffy's eyes sparkled again, as the restaurant's docks widened to resemble a large fish fin.