Chapter 7: Sail Away, "Going Merry"!

I DON'T OWN ONE PIECE!!!

Chapter 7: Sail Away, "Going Merry"!

"Speaking/talking/Sound Effects"

'Thoughts'

"Attack names"

--------------------------

- East Blue: Syrup Village - Meshi restaurant-

"Phew... I got it!" sighed Luffy in relief. After a brief struggle, he had pulled out a fish bone that was stuck in his mouth. We were back at the same spot of the restaurant; but this time around, we were enjoying a victory meal, after defeating Captain Kuro and his crew.

"Idiot..." Zoro shook his head, as he added in admonishment: "You're not supposed to eat fish bones whole." He then leaned back on his crossed arms to relax after his meal.

"If you eat fish, the bone is what normally remains. So you gotta watch out!" Nami also reiterated, while holding up a fishbone. But trying to talk some sense into Luffy was in vain: he continued to crunch on the fish bones like ice cubes.

I stretched out lazily like a cat, followed by a yawn. "But I think today's adventure was interesting! We beat the enemy's crew, as well as saved Kaya and the village. Problem solved."

"Yeah well, we had our meal. We should get going," asserted Zoro, getting ready to stand up.

Luffy finished chewing: "You're right, let's head out."

However, just as we were standing up to leave, the door to the restaurant opened and Kaya appeared. It was notable that there was a healthier glow on her face compared to her previous paleness.

"Oh, so this is where you guys are..." greeted Kaya. Luffy flashed a friendly smile and wave.

"Hey, Kaya!" Luffy and I replied happily in unison, while Zoro nodded coolly at her in greeting.

"Don't you need to stay in bed?" asked Nami, concerned about Kaya's health.

Kaya shook her head: "No. I've been lying in bed for a whole year, ever since I lost my parents... But thanks to Usopp-san's encouragement, I want to be strong again..." We are delighted to hear her words. And then things got even better...

"Anyway, I heard that you guys needed a ship!" Kaya's words were like music to our ears.

Luffy's smile brightened, "A ship? Really?! You're gonna give us one?"

Kaya nodded happily. She turned towards the cashier of the restaurant and put money on the table, covering our meal and then turning towards us, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Come on, this way to the port!" She waved her arms in the air, signalling for us to follow her out of the restaurant.

--------------------------

- East Blue: Syrup Village - North shore-

Once we arrived at the North Shore, we marvelled at the sight of a caravel with an adorable sheep figurehead.

"Wow!!" gasped Luffy in amazement.

"It's adorable!" I smiled happily.

"Nice," commented Zoro, still trying to look cool, but his grin revealed his happiness. Even Nami's eyes lit up at the sight of the new ship.

A man was standing beside our new ship. Based on his formal black suit with six golden buttons positioned in two columns along the front of the blazer, I assumed that he was a butler. Despite his tall slim figure with a distinguished air of formality, he was fundamentally a sheep: his hair was as curly as the wool of a sheep, and two small lamb horns stuck out from the top of his scalp.