Chapter 4: Will the real pirates, please stand up?

I DON'T OWN ONE PIECE!!!

Chapter 4: Will the real pirates, please stand up?

"Speaking/talking/Sound Effects"

'Thoughts'

"Attack names"

--------------------------

- East Blue: Orange Town- Pet store-

"We are pirates," Luffy proclaimed loudly. I had just woken up from my nap a few moments earlier. Just as Zoro and I entered the pet store, I could see Luffy confronted by a group of furious villagers, who were hovering over their still unconscious chief. Standing next to Luffy, Nami was gasping at Luffy in shock by his poor explanation.

Zoro laughed, while I joined in. Clearly, this was a case of misunderstanding. Now we seemed like the pirates who had invaded the village, instead of protecting it.

"So you are pirates!" exclaimed a man, while raising his stone spear at us. All at once, while more villagers followed suit in pointing their makeshift weapons at us.

"You idiot! Explain to them properly!" screamed Nami at Luffy.

But Luffy just looked at her in confusion, shrugging his shoulders: "What do you mean? I was just telling the truth! Let's just run away!"

Without a moment's hesitation, Luffy grabbed Zoro by his shoulders, while I helped Nami carry one of her treasure bags she had stolen from Buggy's crew.

While running past the villagers, we turned to the alleyway leading to the docks, before we heard familiar barks from a dog. I turned back to see that it was Shushu. He was guarding us from the villagers from entering the alleyway. This caused the villagers to turn back hesitantly towards the village chief and finally leave us alone, with Shushu following behind them.

--------------------------

- East Blue: Orange Town- Port-

"Hua... I was getting pretty worried. Thanks to Shushu, we managed to get out. Why does it always have to end like this?" sighed Nami in relief, as we came across our ship.

"Who cares what they think? We did what we came to do!" replied Luffy, before noticing a boat big enough to carry five people bobbing next to ours.

"Wow, is that your boat? I envy you!" Luffy exclaimed, while looking at Nami with an admiring smile. Nami glanced nervously back at him.

"I stole it from a bunch of pirates," Nami shrugged, as she informed us of its origins.

Just then, three familiar figures — Buggy's pirates who led Zoro and I to the village port — popped up in Nami's boat.

"We've been looking for you, thief!" yelled Black Beanie.

"It's you guys..." muttered Nami nervously, as she took a step back from the three guys.

"We knew that you would come back here," uttered Orange Hair, looking all smug.

"Hehehe, I never dreamed that we'd see this boat again in this very port after you stole it!" accused Black Beanie.

"Don't tell us you forgot from whose ship that you stole!" laughed Chubby.

"Hm? You know these guys?" asked Luffy, while I tried to readjust my grip on the treasure bags.

"Ahh...Yeah, sorta," admitted Nami with a sheepish smile.

Black Beanie looked at her in slight offence: "'Sorta!? We go way back!" he retorted, before noticing Zoro's body leaning against Luffy's hold.