Landing the TARDIS... Again

• Dedicated to Amy

As Dean finished explaining to his younger brother how he actually died and the Doctor had given up his last regeneration to save him, Sam just kind of stared at the wall with a blank expression on his face.

"Doctor... You didn't have to do that" Sam mumbled fiddling with his own fingers. The Doctor looked over sympathetically, he knew how guilty Sam must be feeling.

The Doctor took a comforting step forward, "Trust me Sam, I wanted to help you." Sam looked over sadly and forced a smile. "And it's not like I'm just going to die right now, I have plenty of time and you're alive so it's good." Sam sighed, stood up from the bed and rose to his enormous height. He walked over to the time lord and wrapped his huge arms around him. Dean awkwardly looked over to Cas and shrugged his shoulders. Castiel just smiled and let out a small laugh. The Doctor smiled against the Winchester's coat as Sam patted his back.

"Thank you" Sam softly breathed gratefully.

"You're welcome" The Doctor grinned as the men broke apart. Sam looked back at his older brother as the time lord adjusted his bow tie.

"Now that that's sorted and everything's apple pie, I think we should get back to saving Sherlock" Dean proposed.

"Yes, yes" the Doctor clapped. "Follow me" he instructed leading the Winchesters and their angel back into the time machine's console room.

________________________________________________

The Doctor descended the steps and stood next to the console beckoning his temporiary companions to follow suit. Dean and Castiel stood in the same spot they did before, up against the railing and Sam stood on the lowest step. The Doctor smiled as he started to push buttons and pull levers.

"Sorry to interrupt Doctor but what are we going to do exactly?" Castiel inquired politely. The Doctor stopped what he was doing and turned to Cas.

"Well I was thinking that we just land on a random street corner near St. Bart's hospital and we all go our separate ways from there" The Doctor suggested, almost asking for approval.

"Sure, you're the boss" Dean affirmed.

"Cool, so once again you all may want to hold on to something" The time lord warned. Dean and Castiel gripped the railing tightly behind them at the same time. Sam calmly choose a different spot and sat down on the white chair against the railing even though he was panicking internally, which you can't blame him for because last time he did die. Dean flashed a quick reassuring smile to his younger brother which calmed him down quite a bit.

"You better not fall again" Dean teased, smirking at the angel.

"I'll try not to" Castiel promised.

"Don't worry I'll catch you when you fall" Dean murmured lovingly. Cas stared at Dean for a moment, his stomach was doing flips inside him and he started to blush. He had never been at a complete loss for words before but if anyone was going to do it to him, it would be Dean.

A moment later Castiel smiled sweetly back, "Thank you Dean" Dean just laughed before looking away.

"GERONIMO!" The Doctor shouted enthusiastically before pulling a lever sending the phone box travelling through both time and space. The TARDIS shook and bounced around but not as bad as last time. At one point the Doctor's foot slipped and he nearly fell over but luckily he caught a wheel on the console. Apart from that everyone relatively held on and everyone was fine, including Sam. When the time machine stopped moving Dean stood up properly and quickly glanced around to all of his friends to make sure they were alright.

"That wasn't as half as bad as last time" Castiel commented optimistically. The Doctor pranced happily over to the phone box's doors and stood in front of them.

"Ready?" The Doctor asked gripping the door handles. Dean, Sam and Castiel all nodded in agreement. The time lord dramatically opened the door and revealed a random street located somewhere in London. The Doctor stepped out and clapped his hands together in success. Sam, Dean and Cas all tumbled out of the phone box as people just continued to casually walk past, not even realising four people just emerged from a tiny police box.

"He's right, we are on the corner of Red lion square and Dane street, only a few blocks away from Baker Street and St. bart's hospital" Castiel confirmed, pointing to a sign that read 'Red Lion Square'.

"Location is correct but how about the date" the Doctor replied ominously. Dean gave a confused look to Sam and he just shrugged in reply. The Doctor walked up to a young schoolgirl who was carrying a pile of books. She looked around 14, her hair was brown and messy, and swayed quite beautifully behind her. She just wore a casual t-shirt and jeans.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you but would you happen to have the time and date?" The Doctor asked politely, smiling at the school girl. The girl was hesitant at first but she checked her watch anyways.

'Ohhh' Dean sighed as he realised what the time lord was doing.

"Uh... It's the 15th of January and its around 10" she replied nervously.

"Thank you so much..." The Doctor looked for a name tag on the girl's books and found one written in black pen "Amy" the Doctor grinned. Amy laughed slightly and brushed her fringe out of her eyes.

Amy looked up into the Doctor's eyes for the first time, "You're welcome"

"Have a nice day!" The Doctor called as he spun around and started to walk away. As he walked he heard a faint but sweet "you too". The Doctor jumped with excitement as he rejoined his friends, "Yeah, correct location and date! My TARDIS never fails. And Sherlock is due to jump in 40 minutes"

"Okay" Dean mumbled absent-mindely as he handed Castiel and Sam both a knife that he had retrieved from the duffle bags before he left the time machine.

"Thanks" Castiel and Sam both said accepting the weapons.

The Doctor looked from Dean to Sam to Castiel, " So you all know what you have to do?" Dean and Sam nodded remembering easily, they were hunters.

"I do too" Castiel added, tucking the knife into his trench coat pocket.

"Good luck" The Doctor wished as Castiel disappeared in an astounding whoosh of wings and feathers. Dean walked on to the road and quickly hailed a taxi.

"You too" Sam encouraged on behalf of Dean and Cas.

"You coming Sammy?" Dean asked as he was half in the car.

"Yep coming" Sam called, waving to the Doctor and running over to the taxi. The Doctor waved back to him and then walked back into his TARDIS, his part of the plan was relatively simple.