Jesse Blackthorn

What do we know so far about Jesse Blackthorn:

The Midnight Heir

In this book we learn about Jesse Blackthorn, biological son of Tatiana Blackthorn and her husband Rupert Blackthorn (who died during Clockwork Princess).

Jesse grew to be a weak and sickly child, incapable of being trained to be a warrior, to the point where his mother even begged to not have him marked with runes when he was a child, though he survived this painfully. When he was sixteen, Tatiana was finally told that he could no longer live and soon succumbed to his illness.

"Magnus was many things, but he had never been a fool. The death of a few Shadowhunters was not an aim in itself. If that were all she wanted, she would not have needed to go to Magnus.

The only reason she could have to go to a warlock was if she wanted to use those deaths, to alchemize Shadowhunter lives into magic for a spell. It would be the darkest of dark spells, and the fact that Tatiana knew of it told Magnus this was not the first time she had turned to dark magic.

What Tatiana Blackthorn, whose pain had eaten away at her like a wolf inside her breast, wanted from dark magic, Magnus did not know. He did not want to know what she had done with power in the past, and he certainly did not want her to have power that could be cataclysmic now"

During TMH Jesse has been dead for nine years. At this point Tatiana asks Magnus to bring him back to life. So this is why he appears to be alive in TLH.

In the found family tree he marries Lucie Herondale. Even if there is a confirmed mistake in that family tree (Lucie's age), I am almost sure that she will end up with Jesse.

Cassandra Clare has said that: The death of Jesse Blackthorn occupies the mind of the writer Lucie Herondale.

Also, Tessa during 2007-2008 is said to still look after the Herondales (because they are her son's offsprings) and the Blackthorns (because they are her daughter's offsprings)

That's why I think Jucie/Lesse (?) will be endgame.

Also I suspect that he might have a major part in ruining his mother's plans. If he stands up to her and Grace, that'll have a great impact on both Tatiana and Grace, because both of them love him too much. And have in mind that Tatiana is probably one of the antagonists not the only one. And with this action Jesse (just like Gabriel and Gideon on TID) will gain the trust of Lucie and her family.

About his afterlife, I can only assume that if people learn about how he came back to life, they will try to kill him. But then again most people didn't care at all about Tatiana, and the way she always lived, isolated from everyone might cover up that issue.

Authors Note: I hope you enjoy it so far. Sorry if I made any mistakes, English isn't my native language!

You can also find me on tumblr on findyourherondale