VOL. 1, Ch. 3 - Responses & Revelations

Start from the beginning

"Yes?"

...

"I understand. Thank you."

He turned to Notting with a solemn face, one which expressed what could only be described as momentary shock followed by hesitant resolve.

"There is another structure in Belgium."

---------------------

Misawa Air Base, Aomori Prefecture
00:44, GMT+9

---------------------

Sleek, angular silhouettes paced a dark expanse lit by small uniform lights in flashing rows. The otherwise silent atmosphere expected of the sweet early morning darkness was swiftly broken by mechanical whines. From the unlit expanse shone circular beams of scorching light, rays extending outwards. It illuminated the rear section of the sleek and angular construct to which it was attached, the heat so great it distorted the image of the very construct itself.

F-35As took to the skies one after another, tearing holes through the air as they each ascended to the heavens. These were headed down to the Tokyo Metropolitan Area to enforce a no-fly zone for any and all uncleared aircraft.

Domestic commercial airliners inbound to Haneda International Airport were each redirected further northeast to Narita International Airport.

---------------------

Yokosuka, Tokyo Metropolitan Area
00:45, GMT+9

---------------------

The current atmosphere of Yokosuka was one of organised chaos, with many shuffling about the street. Fortunately, most of the city's lighting and communications infrastructure had not been destroyed by the storm. Residents of the battered city came out of their homes, picking debris from the road. Some rushed over to flipped cars in groups, rocking them in a synchronised manner until they could flip them back right side up. Due to the experience of the Japanese in living through typhoons, most of the city and its people were in good condition.

Amongst the crowd through the early morning, a different kind of urgency swept its way through Yokosuka at a rapid pace.

Type 16 MCVs rolled through the streets in the direction of Tokyo Bay. The eight-wheeled behemoths rolled over what debris laid on the road after the ravages of the storm. Soon they reach the coast overlooking the blue waters and the magnificent structure, ready to enforce a perimeter on the ground.

As civilians gathered by the bay to get a glimpse at the towering, slightly luminescent structure in the bay, soldiers soon began to usher everyone away from several parts of the coastline to clear space for a defensive perimeter. Men in green dismounted from their wheeled transports and APCs, laying a row of dark, blotched green on the otherwise grey concrete and tarmac of the ground. Regardless of what the Self-Defense Forces could do, Japanese social media soon blew up with videos and photos taken of the structure in Tokyo Bay from across the coastlines.

Two fellows in blotched green, a man and a woman, snuck a conversation in the middle of their operations.

"Any whispers from Chiyoda Ward? The upper echelons? Anything?"

"Of course not, you and I know the government will be forced to say something in the morning. Might as well wait until then."

---------------------

Capital Hanbaso, Republic of Casovyo
Year 2000, Sixth Year of Orosima
Frukai 1, Imekt
0910h, West Casovyih Time (WCT)