Chapter 9

It was early in the morning, Mac and Jack were out for a drive. It was Saturday and the boys decided to take a drive today for some fresh air. "I can't believe it's Saturday, good old Saturday," Mac says, rubbing his belly. "Yeah, good old Saturday," Jack says. "We'll meet it here soon," Jack says. "Yeah, we will. I'm excited though," Mac says. "Me too, man. Can you remember when we first saw it during the ultrasound?" Jack asks.

"Yes, it was overwhelming. It was kinda cool," Mac says. "It was cool," Jack says. "What's it doing in there?" Jack asks. "Uh, I don't know. I think it's asleep," Mac says. "Yeah," Mac says, rubbing his tummy. "Hey, at some point I do have to measure your belly and get the heartbeat," Jack says to Mac. Mac nods. "I think the baby is kicking," Mac says. "Is it?" Jack says, putting his hand on Mac's belly. "Holy cow, it is kicking!" Jack says.

Mac and Jack continue feeling the baby kicking on the road. They arrive at a log cabin. "What are we doing up here?" Mac asks, looking at Jack. "I was thinking that we can spend some time up here together," Jack says to Mac. Mac shakes his head and says, "I like that." "Okay, well let's get inside and check it out," Jack said. Mac nods as he and Jack get out of the car.

Mac and Jack head in to check it out. "Wow," Jack says as he and Mac head to the bedroom. Mac is amazed by how the cabin bedroom is. "Since we're in here, how about you lay down so I can get the measurement and the heartbeat?" Mac nods as he lies down on the bed.

Mac lifts his shirt to reveal his bump, Jack grabs the gel and the stripe. Jack measures Mac's belly. "Your belly is getting big,"Jack says. Mac smiles and then Jack puts gel on the Doppler and puts it on Mac's belly. The Doppler starts beating. Jack looks at it. "It's 136, it's healthy," Mac says.

Mac frowns. "Mac, you okay buddy?" Jack asks, putting the Doppler away. Mac shakes his head no; his belly was hurting. "Does your belly hurt?" Jack asks. Mac shakes his head yes. "Okay, well there's nothing I can do. I can't give you painkillers. You gotta eat first. I'm not giving you painkillers on an empty stomach," Jack says to him. Mac nods.

"I'll go make lunch. You stay here and close your eyes," Jack says, rubbing Mac's arm. Mac nods. Jack walks away from Mac and keeps the door cracked just in case Mac wakes up. Jack goes out to the kitchen to make lunch while Mac is asleep. While Jack has a spare minute, he walks over to the room to check on Mac. He is fast asleep.

Jack smiles and then leaves the door cracked before going back to make lunch. After Jack finishes making lunch, he goes to wake Mac. "Mac, wake up buddy," Jack says to him.

Mac wakes up and rolls over to face Jack. "Hey buddy, it's time to eat," Jack says to Mac. Mac gets up and goes out to the kitchen to eat. "I hope you like it," Jack says to Mac. "Yeah," Mac replies. After dinner, Mac and Jack go outside to stargaze.

Mac is lying on Jack's shoulder until he lifts his shirt and sees the baby moving around in his belly. "Jack, the baby is moving," Mac says. "That's awesome," Jack says, putting his hand on Mac's stomach and feeling the baby moving around. Jack is so happy, and so is Mac. "That was the best thing I have ever felt," Jack says happily.

Mac smiles happily. "Me too, Jack, me too," Mac says happily as well. Mac and Jack kiss. It is getting late, and Jack doesn't want Mac falling asleep outside. "Mac, come on buddy, time for bed," Jack says. They get up and walk towards the cabin. Mac gets ready for bed, brushes his teeth, and then goes to bed.