Fairaway rubbed at her temples, as she turned to her readings once more. Ready to be done. Anya was a handful.

She turned off the machine. Removed the patches.

"Fisher." Doctor Newsie called the agent in.

She removed the straps and scooped Anya up before she could jump at their heads and pull out their hair.

"Put Anya down!" She yelled angrily, a hatred building and building she never got to use on them. Fisher waited 'til they were outside the room before deeming it safe.

Anya huffed and puffed and would have blown the house down if she could.

She had so much anger and nowhere to direct it.

—————-

Loid couldn't count all the dead ends.

Useless trails, bad leads, wrong people, and wasted time on misleading information. He didn't know how many people he'd followed, spied, and eavesdropped on with nothing to show for it.

It was getting exhausting.

Many rich people had dubious hobbies, lives, or deals. It was hard to find which of them spent it on something like a lab. Labs like the one he was looking for, needed funding. Usually provided by the rich. The previous labs found, turned out to be orchestrated by people in government, politicians, hoping to use the research.

Loid assumed it was the same case here.

He was starting to think he was going about this all wrong. He might have to try something else if this next lead didn't pan out.

Loid looked over the papers again.

Vincent Chad.

A politician who had made a 'donation' to a charity. Or so his records say. Loid had searched through his phone calls and any other form of communication, using W.I.S.E.'s resources to do so.

Loid wasn't entirely sure what he was looking for, but he hoped to find it at this political event Vincent was attending.

Vincent Chad was meeting people sent by this mystery person who received the money. Hopefully Loid could learn something. He couldn't keep doing this without any results to show. He might need to resort to other tactics.

Loid changed into a blue suit, donning his disguise.

———

Jack Burningham walked through the heavy doors held open for him, his black shoes leaving an echo of his steps through the large hall. Drowned out by the collective voices of people and families making their rounds.

He immediately scanned the room for Vincent Chad who didn't appear to be here yet.

Loid recognized several people here he's looked into, many approaching him to talk. He had prepared for this, keeping up easily with the conversation, while also keeping a lookout for Vincent.

Loid didn't have to wait long before he entered with his family right behind him. He had darkly tanned skin and black hair that he passed onto his children. Narrow dark brown eyes, flicking around the room.

Searching.

They landed on someone Loid couldn't see, Vincent too far, too many people blocking his view.

Loid wished the politicians hadn't brought their families and campaign people who crowded the room.

He slowly, subtly made his way towards the man who gracefully bypassed people, towards his goal.