Sleep Paralysis

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

This early morning, before sunrise, I woke up suddenly and I was very vulnerable to hallucinations. I was going to sleep paralysis anytime. It was a bit difficult to try to get back to sleep. But I might have at some point, because I had a nightmare.

I just sensed one moment that the house shook a bit. I thought, “There's a mild earthquake.” It went twice, I believe, and it definitely wasn't alarming. I didn't even realized that I was somewhat looking at the roof and my room already has a ceiling. I might not have noticed, perhaps then, I felt the bed being turned. The side where my head is, it's being turned, as if it floats and now it's going to stand — like how boats sink in cartoons. Then, I remembered that there might be a signal no. 1 typhoon today, but still. I wasn't afraid, until I did and I tried to move.

I can't move and I felt myself unable to breathe — as if I'm drowning. I don't feel the water or the cold — all I know is that it reached me and I can't breathe. I felt myself able to finally sit uo ajd I got up above the water and took a breath, but it reached me again and I have trouble getting or trying to call for help.

I eventually woke up — didn't even realized it's a deeam despite the signs. I think there'a an after-effect because I still saw the ceiling was like [became] a bunch of cardboard boxes and it's slightly hanging with the other parts already gone. It wasn't long before people woke up and got up and did their morning routines.

❇     ❇     ❇

Those are my word for word entry (except the ones with [] which I will be using for *edits or additional thing sometimes).

When one dreams and things goes absurd, mostly you won't even realize how ridiculous things are. For instance, why the hell did I not think that something's off? One, I am not in a flood-prone area, and even if flooding did happen, two, my family would have called for everyone. And I wouldn't have been not able to move. I don't think I even realized I was dreaming up until I was “drowning”.

Saturday, July 8, 2023