Part 16

~Xavier~
My day was weird today , Nats phone was off , and she walked out of the school.

I was now on my way home following my father's car.

We got in the house and walked to the meeting room , a rosy smell hit me and I knew it was Lisa I walked into the room.

My dad sat down " Lisa dear thank you for coming " she nodded " son Lisa told us you were mates" , "really? We are?" I asked confused.

"Yes , so the council asked that we speed up the mating ceremony seeing how she's with child" , "what?!" , " oh I didn't know she didn't tell you yet".

" the fuck Lisa , what's this new trick " she looked me for some reason I felt bad for shouting and sat next to her.

What was happening to me , I wrapped my arms around her " I am sorry for shouting " my voice was now low , " it's okay" she said , why was I so attracted to her now.

I looked over at my mom who gave me a fake smile " starting from next week you will be in the same class , it's good for you to bond with your mate" and I just nodded.

" and no more Ms Brown , jealousy isn't good for wolves carrying pups" , " okay I won't talk to her but I'll still give her the sweets that's not negotiable, and Lisa please don't try anything funny to make her angry okay" she nodded.

" you won't have much time on your hands , I've rescheduled your classes making sure you stay busy" he said getting up and leaving us.

My mom looked at me then at Lisa before standing up and leaving.

" I should drive you home" I said to Lisa I've never driven her home what was this.

She got up and I opened the door for her.

The drive was quiet and long when we got there , it was late she said her goodbyes and I drove away.

On my way my mind kept telling me to go to Nat so I was now parked infront of her apartment.

I knocked and Nathan opened up " she's not here" , " where is she" I walked in behind him " I don't kn.." he smelled me " what's that smell on you?" He suddenly asked.

" I don't know what you're talking about" Gary walked to me and smelt me then walked off.

Okay that was weird " did she find her phone?" I asked " her phone is in her room Nat hasn't come back since morning" , "what? Did you look for her is she okay?" , "she's fine she said she just needs time to herself".

" okay thanks" I walked out , was something wrong? Why was she away suddenly?.

I got in my car and drove back home , I spent my weekend at home.

It has been a few weeks and Nat and I haven't spoken much , she didn't even look in my direction it was as if I didn't exist.

I would randomly come infront of her giving her the sweets but not a word was said between us she just took them and went her way.

It was now mating studies and she wasn't here probably playing ball " now students I have your votes here with me today , the event is in 2 weeks therefore you need to prepare for this" he pulled out the paper and wrote my name,  Lisa and Nathalie.

" these were our top 3 , now as we know we need one female , so I am sending papers around voted between the two which one you'd like to see on stage".

I didn't know Nat can sing , but I knew Lisa couldn't so I opted for Nat , something told me to.

" right let's see the votes" he counted them then walked to the board.

" it seems Ms Brown is our chosen one" cheers went out in the class " now Xavier I am hoping you can reach her and start practicing" I nodded.

The lecture handed out our assignments and Luke took two " what's that for?" , " I'll give it to Nate to give it to Nat" he said " where is she?" , " I don't know she doesn't even go to the basketball court anymore but they have a match tomorrow I guess she'll come to school then" he said.

I sat back down my hand on Lisa's thigh resting , it was like she was a different person all quiet.

The next day I was standing in the hallway waiting for Nat , my parents came to me.

Out of nowhere Nat came from behind me holding out her hand to give her the lollipop,  I did just that.

Grabbing her hand before she walks away " wait we need to talk" she yanks herself out of my grip " Mr Lean chose us for the event " , "so?" , "I was hoping we'd rehears" she kept quiet for a while.

" what's your ring tone?" She suddenly asked " what?" She took out her phone and called me " nice Dream by Queen naija ft Lucky Dale , let's sing that yes?"

Before she could walk away I held her hand again " what now?" Father cleared his throat " you do know we are here right? You could've gre.." , "I don't remember us being close friend" she answered.

Looking at my mom " Morning Luna" , we heard a commotion and we both moved fast her holding the blankie and shoving him into the locker me holding the healer to the side " break it off" the blankie bowed and walked away , she just looked at me and walked off.

I walked back to my parents to see my mom smiling widely "great connection you have with your friend" , I looked back at where Nat once was.

" I guess " I said my dad just stormed off " Don't worry yourself about him , you , fix that" she pointed where Nat was.

"I don't know how" I admit looking at the hand that once touched hers , she walked close to me " you love her" I nodded "then follow your heart" , she walked away.

Did she know something I didn't?