Chapter 2

As early as during the summer vacation, the students of Year Two Class Two learned that there would be a special transfer student in the new semester.

The head teacher of the class, Liu Qinghua, did not specifically explain Qi Ying's situation, but he told the students in Class Two that the new classmate's father was an honorable and great policeman who sacrificed his life for the people and was worthy of the greatest admiration. This new classmate was the daughter of a martyr and a descendant of the hero. Therefore, everyone must help and love each other.

The biggest worries of these adolescent boys and girls in their daily lives were nothing more than test scores, coupled with unrequited love troubles. Where would they have seen such adjectives like "martyr" and "hero"? After the initial shock, one after another they flooded the forum and pledged that they will definitely love and protect this new student!

The new semester on campus began full of vigor and vitality.

Although Qi Ying had been doing psychological therapies for a long time already, she still can't adapt when there were suddenly so many people around her.

She was born in exile where devastation and starving people filled the land. Later, she lived in the General's Manor, but there were only two or three servant girls who served her. For the most part, it was lifeless and lonely there.

The only excitement she could think of was the Shangyuan Lantern Festival of that year. The general happened to be returning to Beijing. He changed into civilian clothing and led her to the streets. In the middle of the crowds, the general held her hand and bought her a stick of tanghulu*.

(T/N*: Candied Chinese hawthorne)

The tanghulu was sweet and sticky, and it made her teeth stick together. The general asked her, "Is it delicious?"

She couldn't open her mouth and was inwardly ashamed, so she could only nod her head and hesitantly stretched out the tanghulu in her hand. The general just smiled and shook his head, "I bought it for you."

Someone suddenly bumped into her shoulder, and Qi Ying's foot stumbled, interrupting her memory.

A group of boys ran in the corridor like a gust of wind while swearing and chasing after one another. Yu Zhao supported Qi Ying, and scolded the person who already ran away without even apologizing: "Are you blind or something?"

Unexpectedly, the last boy who ran heard it, and abruptly turned around. It seemed like he wanted to come over and say something to Yu Zhao. He had just taken two steps back when he suddenly heard his brother shouted, "Qu Dazhuang what are you dawdling for? Are you going to let our elder brother wait for us?!"

The boy named Qu Dazhuang erected a middle finger towards Yu Zhao, and turned around to run away.

Yu Zhao, not to be outdone*, returned a middle finger.

(T/N*: means unwillingness to show that you are worse than others)

The guy in glasses leaning next to the balcony, kindly said: "Classmate, I advise you not to provoke that group of people."

Yu Zhao was a thorn head[*] in junior high school. He was the least afraid to cause trouble, and he just sneered when he heard the warning: " Why can't I mess with them? "

(T/N: 刺头(thorn head) – a person who was always at odds with others. A difficult person. A prick.)

The guy in glasses covered the corner of his mouth and said: "Those people are mixed with Ji Rang. "

The newborn calf* that was not afraid of the tiger, Yu Zhao: "Ji Rang? Which bastard? Never heard of him. "

(T/N [*]: fearless, dares to act)