'44.0 - APOLOGY.

basorexia (n

basorexia (n.)
a strong craving or hunger for kissing

☀︎︎

| CHAPTER FORTY FOUR |

☀︎

DENKI CONSIDERED HIMSELF A CHILL GUY.

if his friends had to describe him, they'd probably say he was unfairly handsome, a total flirt, and super chill.

and stupid.

they'd say he's more loyal than anyone could imagine, not afraid to talk about his feelings, and always there for them.

and stupid.

they'd say he's a good laugh, always cracking jokes and making sure everyone's having fun.

and stupid.

denki slammed the steering wheel and shook his head quickly as if he could physically throw the thought out of his brain.

because no, his friends wouldn't say he's stupid regardless of what the voice in the back of his mind said. they'd never say it. and they never had.

well, except bakugou. but he called everyone stupid so it didn't count. no, when it came from him, denki believed it was more of an endearing term.

ei and sero and mina? they'd never ever called him stupid. and they never would.

but they did a damn good job of showing it to him.

at first he'd try to ignore it. like when the squad wanted to throw a surprise birthday party for katsuki back in ua -which by the way, terrible idea, anger issues plus a surprise party past 7 pm could only equal disaster when it came to bakugou.

but they were young and thought it'd be funny if bakugou blew the dorms up and broke a few things too. so weeks in advance they'd planned everything.

they were all in on it. decorations, cake, gifts. everyone but denki.

"we love you, man. but we were worried you'd slip up." they'd said.

"we just really wanted to catch him off guard, you know what i mean?" they'd said.

"it's not that we don't trust you. it's just sometimes you act weird when you're hiding something and you know bakugou is really smart and you're... you know" , stupid, "not very good with acting normal when you're excited."

he'd laughed it off and said he'd understood. that of course they did the right thing and that it was cool.

but then he'd hear about them talking about midnight adventures past the curfew that he was never invited to or trespassing in the abandoned asylum close to their school, looking for a ghost that he'd only heard about the next day.