'14.0 - TEST.

basorexia (n

basorexia (n.)
a strong craving or hunger for kissing

☀︎︎

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

☀︎

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

bakugou opened his eyes from where he was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest and finally looked todoroki in the eyes "you heard me."

shoto looked at you, eyes frantic, silently begging you to refute bakugou's words, to tell him that it was all an elaborate prank.

you felt a pang of pain in your chest as you nodded slowly "i'm sorry. his wife is momo."

you could see steam rising from the left side of shoto's arms and face as the soft-spoken boy actually raised his voice and slammed a palm on the table between you "then what are we waiting for?"

your brows raised in surprise as his palms burnt a hand print through the table ever so slowly. the smell of smoke filled the air and with it pushed some of your not-so-pleasant memories forward.

your eyes were closed. your ears were ringing. but one thing was constant. the smell of smoke and burnt rubber. and the fact that you were cold. someone was calling your name. you wanted to speak. you wanted to say i'm okay. you wanted to say you're cold. but your eyes refused to open. your lips defied your orders and stayed shut. you wanted to scream, yell, shout. but your voice was nowhere to be found. you felt your body's temperature drop more before your body convulsed. you were shaking, trembling. the distant sound of sirens cut through the ringing in your ear but you were still shaking uncontrollably and you were so unbearably cold. and then there was-

warmth spread through your palm and traveled up your body. the hand holding yours squeezed it tight enough that it brought you out of your flashbacks.

looking over to your side, you were met with bakuou's serious side profile. you weren't sure when he'd moved closer next to you or when he'd noticed you were having another flashback. but you were glad he was there to bring you back.

"calm down, shoto." endeavor said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"calm down? i think you're the one that needs to stop sitting around as if this is okay." shoto argued.

"we can't." bakugou's gruff voice answered calmly for once.

"and why's that?"

"because it's a test." you answered the dual-haired boy and leveled him with a serious look. "he's checking our allegiances. if we save momo now, he'll know we're still working for the heroes, the agency, and it will be all for nothing."

todoroki bared his teeth at you, like an actual animal. from bakugou, this was normal behavior, a daily thing really. that man was more of a rabid dog than a person anyways. you wouldn't have even blinked.

but from shoto? he was supposed to be the quiet one. so your brows shot up in surprise once again when he flashed his teeth and gritted out "it won't be all for nothing. she is not nothing."

bakugou shifted in his seat. was he positioning his body a bit ahead of you? did he think he could protect you? if todoroki wasn't on the brink of a mental break down you would've snorted.

because the truth was that you could've restrained all three of the men in the room with your shadows with a flick of a finger. the thought of him protecting you was almost laughable.

you directed your attention at this new firey todoroki again "that's not what i meant and you know it. i wanna save her just as much as you if not more. but this is my specialty."

"but-" he tried to interrupt you.

but you interrupted him back "there is no but. i don't tell you how to do your job. so don't tell me how to do mine. stay out of it, todoroki."

shoto stood up and challenged "or what?", half of his face now on fire.

you couldn't lie. you were a tad amused. it was like a freaky friday where bakugou and todoroki swapped personalities.

"or i'll blast you into next week icey hot." bakugou threatened from his seat next to you. but you didn't miss how he leaned in a bit, ready to attack or defend, you weren't sure.

"while i appreciate that, sunshine, i can fight my own battles," you told katsuki with a lop-sided grin.

"don't call me that." he barked at you.

"you know you love it" you winked at him and looked at todoroki with a cocky grin "if you don't calm your ass down and stay out of my case, i'll make sure you spend the next month trying to free yourself from that chair behind you." then just to show how serious you were, you let shadows crawl up your arms and dance at the tip of the fingertips of your free hand since bakugou was still holding the other one.

though at this point you weren't sure if it was to reassure you or himself.

"all of you. calm down. we are a team." endeavor said "this is what he wanted and you're letting him succeed. he wants to divide us."

you kept your eyes on shoto, gaze never faltering. then you raised a brow because the day that you back down first would be the day that bakugou doesn't curse for an hour. which basically meant never.

shoto let out a heavy breath and extinguished his fire before plopping back down into his seat.

you didn't want to rile the man up so you didn't smile. though the side of your lip did twitch in promise of a smile.

that's right, i win. and you patted your back mentally.

your shadows were gone in a blink and bakugou was leaning back in his chair again, his body now relaxed.

that's when you noticed you were still holding his hand.

you wanted to keep holding it, to enjoy the warmth he was emanating. the warmth that kept you in the present and casted away the flashbacks.

but he'd said at the beginning of your arrangement that hand-holding was off-limit.

so you took your hand back and placed it in your lap.

he looked over at you from the corner of his eye. you gave him a small nod to let him know you were fine.

and that was that.

"so what's the plan now?" todoroki asked.

you started telling him everything you'd thought of after seeing momo. and the ash-blond did not touch or look at you for the rest of the meeting.

☀︎︎

kiss me until i'm sick of it

_____

a/n:
this one is kind of a bridge chapter. not too interesting but i wanted to mention how shoto feels about this whole situation and show a bit more how stubborn y/n is lol. the next few
chapters should be a bit more exciting (hopefully). as always, thank you so so so much for readingggggggggg <3
love you allllllllll

xoxo