Chapter 1

He was out for a walk enjoying a rare moment of peace alone, since he accepted the job as the High table's new Marquis. When he accepted the job, he was quite young. He also had heard many rumors going through may who talk that the man that many know as the boogey man or Baba Yaga had retired, freed himself from the clutches of the High table. At least it was that way before some idiot thought it would be a great idea to not only steal his car, but kill the man's dog, which forced the boogeyman to come out of retirement.

Ever since John Wick has come out of retirement, body cleanup has been falling onto the marquis. He knew what the job would require. He wouldn't trade it for the world, because he felt as though he was on top of the world doing this. He felt that nobody could touch him. He also enjoyed how many people fear him, knowing that he wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in their head, or go after his victims' families. Though there are times when he does get lonely. But he also wasn't a fool to settle for just anyone. He didn't want to be with someone who would use him to gain power. He wanted someone who would listen to him, be obedient, someone who wouldn't dare challenge him. He was about to give up hope of finding his perfect woman, when he spotted her walking down the street.

He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, watching her every move as she entered the place that she seems to work in. Hm, seems like it's a little mom and pop shop that is run by her parents. I may have to stop in there when she leaves and have a chat with her parents. I'm more than sure I can convince them that they are going to need my help. After all I need to tell them that Baba Yaga is back on the scene. When they hear that, they won't be so quick to decline my offer to protect them, seeing as they have a son who is now part of the assassins who work under the High table. Judging from the looks of their shop, they may not be able to afford to pay for my protection services. Which works out in my favor, because I already know the perfect way that the business owners can repay me for my services, he thought to himself with a smirk on his lips as he continued to keep a close eye on the quaint little shop in front of him.

Salem entered the shop finding only her mother standing behind the counter. "Mother, where is father?"

"Your father is in the back room grabbing more books from the storage to stock the shelves, before he locks up for the night. Why are you back at the store, Salem? I thought you would be home now enjoying your time off," Tara said.

"I was mother. But I figured that you and father needed help closing up the shop," Salem said.

Tara was about to answer her daughter, only to have her husband, Mathieu to answer for her. "I have everything under control here princess. Why don't you and your mother head home? I'm almost finished here. Once I wrap things up here, I will head home and we can all head out for the shops and take a look around."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea dear. Please don't keep us waiting too long," Tara said.

"Father, are you sure that you have everything under control here," Salem asked.

"I'm sure sweetheart. I have everything under control. Why don't you go home with your mother and not worry about anything here," Mathieu said. "Go ahead now. Run along home with your mother. I promise I won't be much longer here."

"If you say so father. If you get overwhelmed, please promise that you will call mother and I so we can make our way back to the shop to help you," Salem asked.

"If things get out of hand, I will call you and your mother back to the shop to help me, if I need it," Mathieu said.

"Come along dear. Why don't we go home and wait for your father to finish up. Maybe we can get a dinner out of the outing trip later," Tara said while walking out of the shop with her daughter.