chapter ten

Chapter 10. Here Comes the Villainess

As we made our way to the dining hall, Mira had just returned from the errand I had tasked her. Dinner was already prepared, conveniently timed upon her arrival.

To be honest, I was expecting Mira to ask questions about the errand I made her run for. It wasn't a simple errand like delivering a letter; I had sent her to a specific guild to gather valuable information, an intel.

❛ ━━・❪ 🌹 ❫ ・━━ ❜

Cassia's list on how to survive as a reader who reincarnated inside my favorite novel and became the main villainess who's destined to die.

#3 - Gather more intel
Status: 65%

❛ ━━・❪ 🌹 ❫ ・━━ ❜

I chose this particular guild because their information was known to be reliable and trustworthy. Money was not a concern, so I had no worries in that regard.

The information I sought pertained to certain individuals, their backgrounds, and profiles. Since the novel lacked detailed descriptions of these characters, conducting thorough background checks was necessary. I needed assistance from these individuals to truly alter the course of my destiny. Acquiring their background information was a crucial step towards achieving my goals.

However, wouldn't it raise suspicion if someone like Cassia, a mere child, was seen purchasing information from a guild? Normally, she wouldn't show any interest in anyone besides the crown prince, whom she was inexplicably infatuated with. It was quite exasperating, to say the least.

Speaking of the crown prince, that guy is a walking death flag. The number one person I wouldn't want myself to be involved with. Argh. I really need to do something about this engagement with him. Although it still wasn't publicly announced, some nobles have already known about it.

But fuck this life! I will never, ever allow myself to be entangled with that narcissistic prince. It didn't even cross my mind, not even the tiniest atom-sized bit, that I would take on such a burdensome role as his fiancée and future empress. There's no way in hell I'm going to let that happen!

The current year is 547 in the Imperial Calendar, and Cassia is only 14 years old. There are still two more years before the main story's timeline begins, coinciding with Cassia's entry into the Academy, where the female lead, Amoria, also joins.

These two years will give me ample time to prepare my plans and have backup plans in place in case Plan A fails. It's always good to be prepared, considering we have no idea what the hell the future holds.

"My lady, we have arrived at the dining hall," Mira said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at her and simply nodded, trying to regain my composure.

Thankfully, she didn't find my behavior strange. After all, I had been lost in my thoughts while walking.

Mira opened the double doors to the dining hall and gestured for me to enter first. I walked ahead while she followed closely behind me.

As I glanced around, I couldn't help but be amazed by the grandeur of the dining room. It was spacious, to say the least. A long dining table that could easily accommodate ten people stretched out before me. The chairs were adorned in a golden hue, matching the opulence of the room. The walls were adorned with exquisite paintings, adding an elegant touch to the space.

"My lady," Mira called out, pulling the chair for me to sit. I felt a pang of embarrassment, even though she had done this countless times before. It's not like I couldn't do it myself.