Epilogue

A/N: guys sorry I got locked out I am writing the story I swear

CHRISTOPHER

I cling to Tom while falling out of the sky.

"We shouldn't be doing this," Tom said.

"We haven't even begun yet!" I said, grabbing a jar of herbs off the shelf.

"Well, I don't want to begin."

"Please, Tom? At least hear me out."

"... Fine, tell me Christopher, what will this device do?" Tom asked.

"Well," I began, "The Smoke-Your-Home when lit, fills your house with smoke! That way, the plague can't get you."

"Can't people just light fires in their homes?"
"Well, I don't think you can just light a fire in your house." I said.

"Because this is so much better..." Tom muttered.

"Look, you just light the fuse at the bottom, and it'll go boom!" I finished the Smoke-Your-Home.

Tom eyed the odd-device for a while, examining it.

"Just watch." I said.

Watch Tom did, keeping a few feet away fast as I lit the fuse. The fire danced as it made its way to the cylinder; a hissing crackled as the flame ignited. A burst of flour exploded out of the Smoke-Your-Home, and my eyes shut.

What felt like wind swirled around my face as I coughed up flour, then I realized it was wind. And also that we were falling out of the sky.

"Christopher!" Tom shouted from the soaring of the clouds, "What did you do!?"

"This one wasn't me!" I said.

I think we both knew either of us could teleport to the skies, but we also knew no one could. A pair of large arms surrounded me as Tom hugged me in quick thinking. Without warning, Tom turned onto his back, preparing for the pain from shielding me from the ground.

"Tom, we are going to die."

"I know that, Christopher." Tom said.

I shut my eyes a second time, not wanting to see the mess we'd create when we hit the ground; Instead, another voice filled both our ears.

"Hold still!"

Then a boy came in on a dragon.