"Yes. It also stated in the book that even the Great Saintess and the gods were injured during the fight."

"Now that I remember, a sudden ominous aura swept away the world yesterday. Was it possible that it belonged to the Great Destroyer?"

"It was possible. The book says that the soul of the Great Destroyer was sealed by the gods. However, someone took the vassal and it disappeared since then. It seems that the Great Destroyer was freed."

"Yeah. Just like what the oracle stated. The shackles crumbled and destroyed..."

Silence filled the hall and the priests looked helpless.

"What will we do, His Holiness?" the priests all look at the pope. They realized the pope hadn't spoken a word.

The pope sighed and said, "I'm also helpless at this moment. This was so sudden and we were not prepared. If the Great Saintess was still alive, she would appear if we asked for help."

"Spread the word that we are looking for the Great Saintess and tell the people to calm down first."

"Yes, His Holiness!"

After a while, the meeting adjourned and the priests quickly do their jobs.

The pope remained in his seat with his face darkened solemnly. When the priests scurried out of the room, the pope stood up while looking around and then clicked some mechanism in the corner. It was meticulously hidden and no one noticed it.

Suddenly, a door opened and the pope entered. A long spiral stairway appeared and the pope stepped down with candlelight in his hand.

The pope took a long time to arrive at the last step and another double door appeared.

He pressed something on the door and it made a creaking sound. Then the double door opened and the pope entered inside. A huge pathway was revealed.

Then the lamps on each side of the hall light up one by one.

At the end of the corridor, there's a huge cross hanging above a majestic gold casket.

The pope slowly approached the casket with a solemn expression.

He looked down and couldn't help but marvel at the fairy inside the casket.

A fairy-like figure of a woman was sleeping inside the casket like a corpse.

This woman is Meira Latona, the missing Great Saintess. She exhausted her power during the suppression of the Great Destroyer ten thousand years ago and recuperated inside the Holy Temple.

However, the Great Saintess has remained asleep since then. They thought she was dead but she wasn't because of the glow around her body that protected or preserved her.

The reason why the Great Saintess fell into this state was still unknown.

The pope's ancestor kept this secret for a long time and he is the only one who knew that the Great Saintess was inside the Holy Temple all along.

The pope kneeled and clasped his hand together while holding a rosary.

"The Great Saintess, please wake up and heed our prayers. The world needs you again... We are waiting for you, Great Saintess..."

The pope stood up after the prayer and left the secret room.

Not long after the pope left, the casket let out an immense golden glow and an ethereal figure suspended in the air like a goddess. The figure was wrapped in a golden light like a cocoon.

In her hand was a beautiful staff that also emitted a golden glow.

A few minutes later, the golden light disappeared and the figure slowly landed in the ground.