𝐢. 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙨

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚

*     ✦ .  ⁺   .

"Does it ever drive 
you crazy?
Just how fast 
the night changes."

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚

*     ✦ .  ⁺   .

THE cool winter breeze made its way through the sheer curtains and danced along their pink coated nose. The alarm hit 5:30 and yet they didn't move an inch.  The minutes passed and so did the breeze.  Yet they didn't realize the consistent beeping of the alarm, nor the sun peaking through the clouds and onto their face.  To them it just felt like a normal day. The light beaming onto their face, the sudden shiver down their spine due to the cold, the constant beep of their alarm, their mother calling their name – wait.

"Y/N? Hurry up! You'll miss your flight!"

Oh shit. Is that what today was? Was today the day they flew to Toronto? No, they had to still be dreaming. It wasn't like they had a suitcase already packed up next to their door – hold on.

Their eyes peaked open, definitely doubting the thought, but there it was, the beige colored suitcase and a small black bag laying against their bedroom door.  Y/N sprung up from their bed in excitement. Nope, today was definitely the day. Shit.

"I'll be down in a second!" they screamed back. The irony was they wouldn't be down in a second, for they were still in bed and in their pajamas.  They rose from the bed quickly putting themselves together and packing last minute necessities. They took one last glance at the mirror, then they descended down the stairs and into the kitchen – dragging the suitcase along with them.

"Good Morning! What is that beautiful smell – Oh – is that bacon?" The teen said as they brought a piece of bacon to their mouth in a quick movement. The woman standing behind the counter placed her hands on her hips, showing annoyance.  The teenager smiled as a response to their mothers stance, but silently apologized (while still chewing the remaining bacon). Their mother rolled her eyes and grinned back playfully.

"You called Aunt Deb to drive to the airport, right?" Their mother replied. Y/N widened their eyes sinking into a stool they sat at. They totally didn't forget to call their aunt...

"Y-Yup. I'm ahead of the game. Don't you worry 'bout me." Y/N beamed and tried to hide the fear in their eyes.  Too bad their mother was a smart woman, and knew when her child was lying.  Their mother would've loved to take them to the airport but her job wouldn't allow her too.

"Well it's a good thing I already called her." The woman cleaned up the counter with a rag. Y/N let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. What would they do without their mom? Surely, they wouldn't be able to survive 5 ½  months without her. Nonetheless, Y/N graciously thanked their mom and reached for their phone tucked away in their left back pocket, the time read 5:50. The plane took flight at 8am sharp.

"Shit!" Y/N exclaimed but was scolded by their mother, "S-Sorry. Is Deb almost here?" Y/N hastily asked. And as if on cue, the doorbell rang where Aunt Deb stood waiting. Y/N jolted from the stool and rushed to the front door, welcoming their aunt in open arms.

"There's the superstar! Got everything packed?" Deb grinned, motioning to the suitcase that sat behind Y/N. The teenager nodded their head. Deb stepped into the house and scanned the room before seeing Y/N's mom. "How've you been, Bec?  Isn't it odd seeing them leave? Hell, they're not even 18 yet."

Y/N's mom sighed, "It is. But I'm proud of what they're about to accomplish. He would be so proud." Rebecca rested her arms on the marble countertop seeing the way Y/N's smile wasn't erasable. Deb placed her hand on Rebecca's shoulder. But the moment was shortly interrupted by Y/N, unintentionally.

"Alright, let's go! I can't be late to the airport!" Y/N smiled at the women in front of them. 

Rebecca lifted her arms to hug Y/N and said a brief goodbye, "I love you Y/N.  Don't you wanna take more bacon?"

Y/N shook their head and yelled, "No time!" as they rushed out the door, with Deb following them into the car.  It appears as though time flicked right by Y/N's eyes. One day they were reciting Shakespeare with her father, the next they were walking a red carpet at age 5.  And it appeared that time flew by in the car as well. Before they knew it, Deb's car rolled up to the drop off at LAX. Y/N took a deep breath and unbuckled their seat belt.

"Hold up, pumpkin." Deb said, extending her arm towards Y/N. "Be safe, we are all so proud of what you've done. This is your chance, and we know you'll be amazing. You know, he's smiling up there right now." Deb said tears filling her eyes.  Y/N smiled back their tears as well.

"I know. Thank you." Y/N sniffed and rubbed their eyes, "I love you, thanks for supporting me." Deb's tear rolled down and she leaned over to hug Y/N. Once the two released, Y/N grabbed their stuff and was left in the ginormous airport – alone.

"Well shit." Y/N huffed.

. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚

*     ✦ .  ⁺   .

‧₊˚ ⋅* ‧₊✮‧₊˚ ⋅* ‧₊

⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚢𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚙 ࿐ྂ