〔 三 〕 as the phoenix rises

Comenzar desde el principio

The first thing Itachi taught her was the eye-and-body coordination.

"Listen, Akane," said him. "The secret behind a perfect kunai or shuriken throw is a perfect observation. As you train your eyes, you must also consider the changes in nature. Build on that, and combine your chakra with nature's elements. Feel the chakra flowing inside and put it all into your movements. Every touch, every sound, the course of the wind, nor the shifting in space . . . Abide with it."

It came out intrinsic, Akane took out a shuriken and fixed it between her two fingers. Eyes opened, she selected her target. In front of her were the maple trees. Upon one tree, on a certain stem, there was this bright red last leaf barely hanging. It was at least six meters away from it, and with a height of five meters. Akane estimated the projectile motion and the force needed to be exerted in her head.

Yet the wind was still rising and the sound of the leaves was calling. The speed of the wind was at least two miles per hour, SouthWest.

Akane had a full two seconds to hit the target. She inhaled deeply, allowing the air streamed to her veins. And when felt the right moment to throw the shuriken, a sudden presence bloomed from the back. It obstructed her view by peering down on her.

"What are you doing?" said a teenage guy with an ash-colored hair and black mask covering the lower half of his face.

"Kakashi-san . . ." Akane sighed, feeling a little disappointed. She should have expected when she felt that there was a slight change in space. "I'm busy, as you can see."

"Busy? From what?" The young Kakashi cocked his head to one side. How could she be so busy, when from his perspective, she was doing nothing.

Akane stared at him for a time being that the silver-headed fellow felt antsy.

"Breathing," she finally uttered.

"Breathing?" Though confused, he had taken an interest in her personality. It was like he was looking to his younger self. "How productive, huh?" 

The silence lingered sooner, only the sound of the autumn breeze that made a collision between the trees and grasses. Wordlessly, Kakashi settled down beside her. Then, he was prompt enough to discern what awed the young lady.

As the wind made its move once again, it carried the fragrance of the earth. And as it choreographed with the canopies of the flaming trees, it alighted his both eyes and soul. Kakashi grinned thinly through his mask. He had just thought that he was listening to hopes and dreams for a second.

While Akane, she let her eyes rest for a moment, feeling the ambiance of the nearing draught, hearing the sounds, taking in the aroma, and letting her brain be still. 

Her target was present. This time, for sure, she would hit it. Her eyes would rest on a point, breathing slowly, heart thumping measuredly. 

And in a fast cue, Akane released the shuriken. It had a good start, but she never anticipated a stronger wind current that changed the direction of the shuriken towards the target. 

Subconsciously, her right hand moved on its own, she took out a new shuriken and launched it towards the misled direction of the first shuriken. As the second shuriken hit the first one, it changed its trajectory.

Akane had her eyes set on the first shuriken, hopeful to hit her desired target. 

And it seemed like it did. All of her efforts were paid off once it made contact with the petiole, causing the leaf stem to go along with the wind.

"Alrighty!" Akane exclaimed, standing up from the ground, then punched the air.

"Cool," Kakashi muttered, amazed.