11 : alone with you

Start from the beginning

"i'll be right back, rui! 'kay? love you!" he gets up from the couch and books it upstairs in a heartbeat.

'love you'?

and why wouldn't he wanna sit on my lap?

i grunt and turn on a movie.

-

"rruuuii!" i'm snapped out of my trance by someone calling my name.

it's tsukasa, obviously. he's on his knees directly in front of me as i'm sitting on the couch, and he has a pouting expression on his face.

"kasa?" i rub my eyes and stretch. "wsg?"

"i changed my mind. can i sit on your lap now?" he presses his palms together, almost like he's begging me to let him have this.

taken completely off guard, i rest my elbow on my knee and put my head on my hand. "you wanna what?"

"sit on your lap. please?"

"mnnhgh.. fine." i pat my right leg, motioning for him to sit on it. he jumps up and puts his feet on the floor, turning around and setting himself down right on my lap. it's cute, but... was it what i expected? not really.

tsukasa leans back and presses a kiss to my cheek. "thanks, rui!"

he's in an oddly happy mood. i mutter out a small hum and go back to watching the movie playing on the tv.

-☆-

"it's getting really late. can i, like, stay over tonight? just this once." rui asks me.

he just practically asked me if we could have a sleepover?! holy...-

"yeah- I mean, no- um.. feel free." i cough awkwardly and stare at the carpet my feet are planted on. "d'ya wanna sleep in the guest room..? we have one... money, you know."

no response.

"rui?"

"huh?" rui shakes his head and almost immediately goes into a quick panic, taking me off of his lap and standing up like nothing ever happened.

"chill your ass down! i said, do you wanna sleep in the guest room?"

"...wanna sleep with you." rui mutters out, barely coherent at all. his ass better be damn lucky i'm not on the brink of passing out due to exhaustion because i heard that.

"you what?"

"i wanna sleep with youu!" rui shakes my arm violently, and i, like, try my absolute hardest not to freak the fuck out.

"STOOPP it, RUI, i heard you the FIRST time." i didn't, actually.

i yank my arm away and get up from the couch, threading my fingers through my hair. "you're giving me a headache."

"sorry.." rui practically latches onto me again and follows not far behind as i walk to my room. i stop dead in my tracks right before i turn the knob to my room.