3

-◇-

rui didn't have to walk far to find emu and nene. when he tapped nene's shoulder, however, she jumped and hid behind emu.

it was a little embarrassing to find out it was just one of her friends.

nene profusely apologized for freaking out like that, but neither emu nor rui really cared that much. they both know nene's a little slow with new people.

"let me get to the point, you two." rui stated. he pointed to the stairs and asked if they wanted to grab a cup of hot chocolate with him and tsukasa.

the two girls accepted the offer, but emu wanted to pay for all of their cups.

"emu, it's $2 a cup," nene laughed.

"right. we can all pay for our own.." rui added. emu's family owned PXL, they all knew that, but sometimes she could get too generous for her own good.

emu crossed her arms, kind of upset that she couldn't spend literally less than a single percent of her money.

rui felt a buzz in his pocket. he pulled out his phone and checked his messages, and to no surprise it was tsukasa complaining about the three of them being all slow and blah blah.

"guys," rui awkwardly called, "kasa's getting a little impatient. we should go."

the other two nodded and all three of them went downstairs. they did have to be quick, though, they didn't have much time before the next bell rang.

-☆-

tsukasa turned off his phone and put it back in his messenger bag as he also took out his wallet and started shuffling through the dollar bills he had.

a $2 one?

aren't these rare? he asked himself.

he ended up using it anyway because, i mean, it's the exact price. and he's a little dense. don't judge him, though.

tapping his foot impatiently, he took another sip of his hot cocoa and again did he forget that it wasn't warm yet.

after he went to go spit out the sip he took, he turned around and saw the other 3 he'd been waiting for. emu was the first to notice him by the trash can.

she enthusiastically waved at tsukasa and pointed at him, signaling to the other 2 that he was right there.

and once rui walked in, kasa felt his heart skip a beat.

he'd never felt this way before. what's so special about rui? he thought he just had one of those random chills he usually had, but something was different.

tsukasa connected the feeling to how he felt when he texted rui yesterday. warm inside, butterflies in his stomach.

he was so painfully uneducated about love. poor thing didn't know anything about it.

rui walked up to the blonde first and raised his eyebrows. "you got your hot chocolate first?"

kasa nodded.

"how could uu??" rui whined. "i wanted to go get it with you!!" tsukasa was a little surprised by the sudden mood change in rui, but he shrugged it off. after all, he liked everything rui did.

from painting his nails to breathing...he idolized rui like he was a god. tsukasa's pupils visibly grew in size as he started to think of rui more.

"...and look!! emu and nene's leaving us!!"

tsukasa shook his head frantically to snap out of it. he wanted to ask rui to repeat everything he just said so he could dream a little more, but as he took his first step toward the girls, the bell rang.

"shit! we have to catch up to them, ru!!" the star whisper-yelled. rui nodded in agreement and they both speedwalked to emu and nene as they left the cafeteria.

"where are you guys going?" rui asked. nene turned her head as she carried otori and just smiled.

"i'm taking emu to the 'bathroom'," she pulled out a forged bathroom pass.

rui raised both of his eyebrows, interested and curious. "alright, have fun!"

have fun? tsukasa was jealous that they got to skip an entire period solely because of nene's mastery in forgery.

out of nowhere, the taller one grabbed tsukasa's wrist.

"we're gonna be late. come with me," rui gestured.

tsu wanted to pull away, but the purple-haired's hands felt so gentle and lovely. there wasn't a tight grip, rui just gently took his wrist and.. talked.

am i in love?