Ch 34: Battle at the High Rise: Kenji's Final Stand!

Start from the beginning

***

Marugu couldn't believe it!! The dog demon had not only healed her completely, but had even given her a gift!!! Well, in truth it was for Suzaku, but still!!

"That stone's weak, but it should do well enough. Raiken wants the boy out of the picture, but doesn't want him killed. Just take Daramel with you, he knows how to work the stone. If Suzaku does this for us, we'll be in his debt. I'm sure your master can understand how useful a favor from the Yumekui clan can be..."

Oh, Marugu had no doubt Suzaku would have ideas for calling in that favor. And all they had to do was trap one flower wielding human??? Easy! The best part, is when she had told the dog demon what had become of her poor wing, Tansy had agreed to hunt down the disgusting wretch who had caused the injury!

"Think of it, as a gift in good faith." She had said, her fangs flashing in the sunlight. "To show the Yumekui are most excited for this alliance. Give your master our best, little bird. Daramel, behave yourself, or I'll rotisserie you!"

The larger bird gulped, and bowed low, waiting until the dog demon had vanished from sight before straightening up.

"That's my mistress for you. Tough as talons that one! An absolute brute, but she's good to those who earn her respect. She's gotta be tough, being the heir's mate and all! I've seen them go at it. She knocked his front fang out in their last brawl! Perfect for each other those two! The pack's be in good hands, with his military prowess, and her eye for trickery. You know it was her gran that made these stones? Yup! Hey, why are you so quiet? Still stunned? Yeah, that can happen. The Yumekui are pretty shocking when you first meet them. Just be glad Raiken sent-"

"DO YOU EVER SHUT UP???" She finally screeched! She didn't know half of what he said as he spoke so damn fast, she didn't get a chance to process it!!

"Look, seed-brain! Just shut up, carry the stone, and stay out of my way! This is still my mission, got it?"

She swore the bird smirked as it bowed to her, but he didn't say another word as they passed through the portal.

***
(Back at the apartments)

Tansy growled low in her throat as she stared up at the high rise. Humans truly were awful beasts, destroying the land to what, build these monstrosities? It was an outright disgrace.

She took in a deep breath, jaws parted, and grinned. The scent of fox was strong here. The little bird had been right. She swiped her claws in a wide arc, cleaving several infected humans into pieces as she cleared a path to the entrance.

She would find the fox's den, and wait. Should the Saint Beasts fail to capture the girl, she would be waiting in the shadows. Oh, how pleased Taran would be to see the bitch in her custody, and what a splendid mating gift it would make! The full moon would be only a few days away, and Taran had promised they would make the match official then. She grinned, a horrible, toothy thing, and made her way to the front steps of the high-rise building, dispatching any human along the way.

_______

Kona laughed as Shura made a face at the sour beverage he had just tasted. The two idols were enjoying a day of peace with no shows before prepping for their tour in Europe. Several guards, all human, but aware of their disposition, stood nearby forming a barrier between them and some girls who watched their every move.