Good Times Bad Times

The next week, I sat in bed on my free day. I was just laying there, under the covers, thinking about Robert.

I'm a horrible person.

I was never even a good girlfriend to him.

God, I love him.

He was so great to me, and I just pushed him away.

I should go and try to get back together with him.

He probably doesn't wanna get back together with me anyways.

He deserves so much better than me.

This hurts so bad.

It's for the best. He deserves so much more than what I can offer.

Vanity knocked on, then opened the door. "Hey."

"Hey." I didn't look at her.

She went to the other side of the bed and got under the covers. This is how all of our serious conversations started.

"I hate seeing you like this, you know. Robert is really torn up, too," She informed.

"It's better like this. He deserves better than me."

Vanity scoffed. "Winter, you're one of the best people ever. You're beautiful, and you're smart, and you're funny, and you're like no other person in the world. And, he loves you. You love him, too. I don't think you realize that you guys were so perfect together. You made each other laugh, you made each other happy. That's actually the happiest I've ever seen you, and Bonzo said that that was the happiest that he's ever seen Robert."

"Really?" I inquired.

"Absolutely. I think that if you gave it another go, you guys would really last," She assured.

I thought about it for a moment. "I think you're right. I'm gonna go and talk to him!"

"You go!" She exclaimed.

I threw back the covers, didn't bother with real clothes, and marched out of the hotel room. I rode the elevator, in my pajamas, three floors down and went to the boy's hotel room, hoping that Robert would be in there. Before I knocked on the door, I noticed a note taped to the door. It was folded in half, but on the top, it read 'Winter'.

Oh, God.

I plucked the note off of the door and read it.

My dear Snowflake,

I notice that you've decided to get back together with good ole' Robbie. I can't let you do that. I'll make a real appearance if you do.

With love, Dylan

I covered my mouth with my hand.

He wouldn't dare.

How is he spying on us?

What does he have to lose?

Most certainly not me.

But, I have my band, my friends, myself, and Robert to lose.

I already lost Robert.

Thanks for reminding me.

I just can't let Dylan hurt him.

... I can't get back together with Robert.

Vanity read the note, then Eden, then Monet. I just sat on the couch, my arms wrapped around my legs, watching them. Finally, Monet put the note down.

"We need to find a way to get rid of Dylan," Monet said.

"Seriously. Now, he's screwing with you and Robert, and that's not cool!" Eden exclaimed.

"Absolutely not. We-" The phone rang. We all looked at it, then at each other.

Finally, I picked the phone up. "Listen, I know that you think you're in love with me, so I'm just gonna say this. If you're in love with somebody, you just want them to be happy, and Robert makes me happy, and you're being a real dick about it!"

"What?" On the other end of the line, I heard, not Dylan's voice, but Robert's.

My eyes got wide for a minute. "Bye!" I put the phone back in the cradle. The girls were looking at me with confused looks on their faces. "It wasn't Dylan. It was Robert."

The phone rang again. I picked it up again. "Listen, Robert, I would love more than anything to get back together with you, but now really isn't a good time."

"No, Snowflake, this is Dylan," Most definitely Dylan this time.

"Oh, Dylan... Listen, I know that you think you're in love with me, so I'm just gonna say this. If you're in love with somebody, you just want them to be happy, and Robert makes me happy, and you're being a real dick about it!" I repeated. The girls were actually laughing a little bit, which I probably would've been doing as well if I wasn't so pissed.

"You don't love Robert, you love me, you're just in denial. Now, come and meet me at that place that you and the girls -I don't like them, by the way- had lunch at yesterday, yeah? One hour." He hung up.

"What did he say?"

"Just the usual."

Except this time, I was going to go and meet him, despite my better judgment.