25

m a d e l y n

Sometime when Nate had gone to change into his swim trunks, I had ditched his polo and allowed myself to lounge around in my bikini. The sun was shining, and I was getting a little hot, so I took it off and got a nice, cold drink from the cooler while I waited for him.

I was staring at the glistening of the water when I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and soft lips press kisses on my shoulder. "Do you know what you're doing to me, with you looking like this?"

"I couldn't possibly know what you mean," I feigned innocence, resting my hands on his arms. I didn't turn around to look at him. Otherwise, I'd probably say the same thing.

"You're infuriating, you know that?" he spoke, and I would've believed him, but the playfulness in his tone was too evident.

"Is that so?" I questioned.

I made a move to the seats on the side, and he followed suit. It was only when he sat beside me that I noticed his lack of a shirt, exposing his toned upper body for only me to see.

"Have I told you I loved you today?" he wondered, watching me rest my arm on the railing and lean on it. My eyes were locked on his.

"You may have mentioned it once or twice," I shrugged.

He expertly maneuvered me onto him so I was straddling his lap. "I'm absolutely in love with you, Amelia."

My name sounded so foreign yet so right coming from his lips. He continues to be one of the handful of people I'd allow to call me by that name.

"I guess you're okay, Nathaniel," I held back a laugh, seeing the strained expression on his face. "I'm kidding. I love you, my Pickle."

A contented smile appeared on his face as he shut his eyes for a moment and breathed in the fresh air. Seeing him that way subconsciously made an idea pop up in my head, and I moved without thinking.

"God, Mimi," he groaned, grip tightening on my thighs as I rolled my hips. I pressed a soft kiss on his jaw.

"These swim trunks are pretty thin, and you are wearing very little right now," he whispered into my ear. "Are you plotting something?"

"It's my birthday, I can do what I want," I maintained.

His brown eyes went dark. "Seems more like who than what."

"Something wrong with that?" I challenged, making no move to get off of him.

"Your wish is my command, birthday girl," his voice came out in almost a whisper.

~~~

I felt Nate's fingers brush my side every so lightly, lingering on the scar starting to form.

"It's going to remind me of what happened forever," I told him. "I hate it."