Chapter 8: An Agreement

He woke up in his bed, swarmed by his ruby red silk sheets. His body was aching and the torchlights in the cave were a dim lavender.

He looked down at himself. Someone had stripped him down to his birthday suit and lathered him in sweet smelling healing potions. He touched out his magic to the surrounding area. His wards were shattered and in its place was Emilia strong shields.

He jumped out of bed, letting his muscles groan in complaint. Nothing hurt too bad. It felt as though he'd rigorously worked out the night before. He felt himself flushing at the thought.

He threw on a silk gown and headed out into the cave. The smell of pancakes and coffee emanated in the air. He licked his lips.

Emilia was standing in his kitchen, wearing a pair of his pants that were much too tight on her and a puffy white shirt that must've been under her armour.

Sylas' brain spun in confusion at the scene. "What are you doing here," he whispered, half hoping she wouldn't hear him.

"Making breakfast." she answered, not bothering to look up. She simply dished out two delicious looking plates of blueberry pancakes. She floated them to the dining table alongside two tall glasses of orange juice.

Then she approached him, a lazy smile dancing on her lips. Her warm hand curved around his waist and she leaned down to kiss him softly. He gasped. Eyes wide with confusion.

"Am I dead?" he whimpered and her smile only grew. She chuckled and took his hand, leading him to the table.

He poked at his pancakes glancing up every few seconds to see her eating her own.

Her hair was loose around her shoulders. She tucked a few stands behind her ears. The strands glimmered like gold.

When she was finished, she pushed her plate away and leaned on the table to watch him pick at his food. She seemed very pleased with the view and he squirmed under her concentrated attention.

"How are you feeling?"

He coughed into his hand, "F-fine." He took a sip and nodded. "The healing potions worked great."

She hummed agreeably. "I enjoyed applying them."

The image of her rubbing soothing balm over his naked body flashed before him amd he turned scarlet, staring down at his pancakes with a vengeance.

"Sylas," she whispered sweetly, reaching over the table to push a curl of dark hair out of his eyes. "Do you want to be king?"

He scoffed, "Obviously. You must've heard of my 10000 failed attempts so far."

Her magic pulsed into the air and for a moment he thought she was going to arrest him. "I'll kill him for you."

His head shot up. "Wha?" he asked, mouth full of food.

"I'll kill him for you. I'll demand you be instated as king. I'll fight off anyone who dares to argue against it."

His heart rate spiked, breath shallow and coarse. Maybe he really had died.

"So long as you agree to marry me."

His eyebrows scrunched in confusion and he lowered his fork. She was serious. "You want to be queen?"

"I want to be your wife."

He inhaled sharply. "You don't know me."

"But I want you. And yesterday I was ready to kill a kingdom for you. What's one man."

He blinked furiously, seeing how easy this would all be. She'd hand everything he's ever wanted over so easily and all he'd have to do is agree to marry her. Does he want to marry her... He finds he's not as against the idea as he should be. Yesterday was awful. But he'd enjoyed it. She challenged him. Broke him. And he'd enjoyed it. Sweet poison apples, he really was more like his father than he'd like.

She lifted off her seat and came to stand beside him. Slowly falling to her knee. He thought this might be the only time he'd ever see her bow before him so he appreciated the sight greatly. She summoned a small ring, golden and shiny, much like the collar she'd forced on him before.

"Sylas Sutton. Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

The word echoed into the cave and as the ring slipped onto his finger all her magic opened up to lay right under his fingertips. Forget the kingdom. He'd be able to take over the world.

She stood up and kissed him deeply he moaned into it. She lifted him up by his thighs and his muscles burned under her hands.

She threw him on his bed and the silk sheets swirled under him. Her blue eyes blazed. Hungry, ravenous and powerful.

Yes. He'd stand over the world and she'd stand over him.

She broke him that night and every night after.