Chapter 106: How Do You Think I Feel?!

Magsimula sa umpisa

Me: What is it?

AJ: Can I... could I maybe sleep in you and (Y/n)'s bed? Like I did when I was little?

Me: Yeah. Come on up.

AJ: I'm not scared. Just tired.

Me: Makes sense to me. *I then notice the knife still in his hand* Think you need that?

AJ puts the knife on the bed table and rests with me and (Y/n). Before we sleep, I ask him something.

Me: AJ?

AJ: What?

Me: You're still little.

AJ: Yeah, I know.

——————

(Y/n)'s POV:

I woke up extremely early, I saw Clementine and AJ in the bed with me. But, I just can't feel anything. I decide to go out to the yard and watch the sunrise. The peaceful air brewing against my skin, along with the orangey sky.

???: (Y/n)?

I jump at the sound and turn to see Sapphire, with a confused look on her face. Her look changed after I jumped.

Sapphire: *giggles* Someones jumpy! What's got you up so early, huh?

Me: Could say the same for you.

Sapphire: I'm always up early, probably because I'm usually the first one to go to sleep. And you? You've always been the last to wake up so I thought you would sleep in again.

Me: Couldn't.

Sapphire: Why not? Something in your mind?

Me: What's it to you?

Sapphire looks surprised for a bit, looking at the ground and sighing.

Sapphire: We're friends, aren't we?

Me: Since when?

Sapphire: Uh, since you got here.

Me: I don't remember ever agreeing to be your friend.

Sapphire: Then let's be friends now. Better late than never, right?

Me: ...No. Sorry.

Sapphire: Huh? Why not?

Me: I don't want anyone else to befriend me. I'm sick and tired of living a life of pure misery.

Sapphire: ...Ah, I see. You're afraid of us dying.

Me: Of course I am! Who isn't! Simply being near me is a curse! You were all living fine until we came along, and I know more of you are going to die because that's how it always is! I barely even cry anymore! I was a massive crybaby when I was a kid because of all the death I saw, and because of that I'm used to it!

Sapphire remains silent, staring at me as strong wind passes by again. A leaf that fell from a tree landing on her hair as she takes it off.

Me: I'm a raging, murderous, psychopath! Do you know how many people I've killed for my own selfish reasons! I'm the same... as Lilly. The same person who killed my sister.

Sapphire crunches the leaf in her hand and marches over to me, slapping me with extreme strength that I didn't even expect out of her. She also had this... look of anger.

Sapphire: Fuck off! You think you're the only one who's going through pure torment?! We've all lost someone!

Me: My cat was chopped in half in front of me by a bunch of cannibals and served as food! Have you been through something like that! I lost two father figures, and my sister too! I was even tortured at one point!