Chapter 11 - Days

Chapter 11

[Monday| September 3, 2012| 6:00 AM]

[Eyes of Zetsumu Tenha]

I had set my alarm to go off early but for some reason I don't feel like getting up. [It must be because of the weather getting colder and colder...] I muster up all my willpower and get out of bed, as I tidy up my sheets I plan what to do with breakfast for the three of us. "Well considering that they have to go to their respective home for their things something easy to prepare." I head downstairs and start to take out things from the fridge when I hear someone knocking at the door.

"Good morning, Tenha, we thought something like this would happen so we brought the stuff of your two lodgers last night. Pardon the intrusion~" the student council duo, Jihyou Ensui and Ryuu Kensai put down the uniforms and school bags of last night's guests. "And I suppose you're expecting free breakfast since you're already here?" I put on my apron and change some plans for our meal.

"How nice of you Tenha, if you had said so we should have dropped by earlier." Ensui takes a seat by the dinner table as I cook, and a few minutes later Genhou, and Amagawa-san wake up and join the two at the living room. "President Ensui don't you have anything else to do? I mean like in the student council or maybe the problem with those corrupt souls?"

Despite being the ruler of the Underworld as well as the student council president he seems to have a lot of free time on his hands. "I took care of the Underworld problems last night. And those corrupt souls wandering are harmless. By the way Tenha since we're at the topic now I'll explain how you're alive now."

"It's nothing major but since you yourself are an animated corpse with your soul still inside you, killed the Progenitor of War, Darokan, and gained his power, you now have your own infinite life force." Everyone's gazes suddenly shift to Ensui who was seated at the head of the table. "To put it into simple terms, you're a zombie that doesn't age. But if you get cut in a bad way you die instantly. Also to maintain your life force you have to hunt those corrupt souls."

He thoroughly explains to me how to keep myself alive and turns out that I still have to go out every night. "Now then, I'd like to ask the both of you but I'll start with Amagawa-san... why did you not kill Tenha when he was fighting Darokan?" he asks as Kensai and Genhou both head to the sink and wash the dishes that we used. "He spared me when I lost. And if I were to attack him while he was fighting Darokan it would be low of me to do so. And Zetsumu-kun has his reasons for sparing me, right?"

She looks at my direction followed by the same question from Ensui. "Why did I not end her back then... well I realized that even if I lived on her loss is still far to great compared to mine. Then I thought that if I take down Darokan things would be easier for her and Vechkra. But it seems we were at a bigger mess when I found out there were other progenitors in the war." I try to explain thoroughly without leaving even the smallest details.

"I see... I now conclude the reason for your actions, Amagawa Rinko, Zetsumu Tenha... it is none other than love!" he stands up dramatically and says this which almost made me spill my tea. "How in the world did you even come to that conclusion, President Jihyou Ensui-san?" I feel the same murderous intent as I did on the roof a few days ago and though her expression I can easily tell that Amagawa Rinko-sama is indeed annoyed. But it seems like the president himself isn't going to back down that easily as he grins further provoking Amagawa-san.

"Well would you look at the time... let's drop the conversation here guys or we'll all be late." Genhou shows the clock reading 7:00 AM breaking the tension between them and once things started to settle down we make our way to school, separately. With Amagawa-san taking a shortcut, and the student council duo walking the long way around, Genhou and I casually walk through my usual route. Arriving at school at around 7:45 in the morning Genhou left me at the gate and says he's going to the student council office saying he has some business to take care of before classes begin.