Chapter 8 - Transformation

Chapter 8

[Sunday| September 2, 2012| 12:30 AM]

[Eyes of the Progenitor of War, Darokan]

"This is my win Vechkra! You should have chosen someone more appropriate for this." I announce my victory as my soldier, named Zetsumu Tenha, has his enemy cornered ready to finish her off. "What's the matter boy? Finish her off or else your time will run out." he has his sword raised but he himself isn't moving. "You're wasting your time, boy. You have less than half your hour so finish her now!" I disappear shortly then reappearing beside him and persuade him to bring down his sword. "Now is not the time to think about taking lives, boy, your time is ticking." He does not move even if I speak right next to him, not even moving his gaze away from his now defeated enemy. "Amagawa-san, I am sorry." [He's apologizing before killing her? Some warrior he is. Huh?!] He suddenly brings down his sword in front of me barely hitting my head.

"What is the meaning of this, boy? I thought you wanted to live?" I quickly retreat back as he throws an endless barrage of blades towards me following up with his charge and continuous slashes with his broad sword. "You dare betray me? I, the one who gave you my power to live and fight, well then let us see how well you fare against me, boy."

I summon my sword, as it forms in my hand I notice that he made me retreat further away from their battlefield. "You should know who's more superior between us, boy. Now then tell me before I kill you, why did you have to betray me when you were so close to getting a new life." I block his sword as he charges at me. "Because..." he jumps back creating a larger gap between us than before and proceeds to speak.

"Because my life is already forfeit the moment I was brought back to fight..." He desperately throws spears and several blades he draws from the sheathe I gave him but all his effort is for naught. "...and even if I continue to live it's not like anyone else is waiting for me back home..." [This is pointless.] "... Unlike Amagawa-san who still has her family... I barely make enough money just to pay my bills, let alone buy my own food." [His actions are in vain, because in the end he will run out of time.] "Therefore I have decided to kill you then give what I have left so that she would live a normal life away from this!" he charges at me with his sword.

"Nice try boy but aren't you forgetting your time is running out?" I push him aside and he widens the distance between us again. "I have a few things in mind to extend my stay..." he raises his sword and impales himself through his abdomen. [Impossible he's planning to kill himself here now? No he's...] he screams in pain as a black aura started to envelop him, it is then when I realized that he did something utterly foolish.

[Eyes of Amagawa Rinko]

[I lost... yet why am I still alive? And why is Zetsumu-kun fighting his own contractor?] They are fighting in the distance and Zetsumu-kun's time is running out yet why did he not finish me off... "Why..." "Because you got him good." My contractor, Vechkra says that his treason is my fault. "But I didn't do anything..." she laughs at me still sitting on the spot where Zetsumu-kun left me. "Listen, I am not the progenitor of lust for nothing, I know something when I sense it and this is something I have not sensed for a long time..." she licks her lips as if she's about to savor a meal. "Go and kill him now while they're busy with their pitiful squabble."

She stands me up and dusts me off before I go. "Why would you go and throw away a chance like that, Zetsumu-kun? You have been strange since we first met each other, it's like you've been an anomaly all this time." [Wait, he is an anomaly because he's already dead...] I shake my head along with these thoughts off and focus on defeating him. [I'll ask him once all this is over.]