Chapter 10 - Home

Chapter 10

[Sunday| September 2, 2012| 3:30 AM]

[Eyes of Zetsumu Tenha]

Everything was bathed in a red light; it's as if we haven't left the Underworld. "All buildings are still standing but... did we really leave this place?" I can only stare as we stand on the tallest building which overlooks the entire town. "We are back and I can confirm this, Zetsumu-kun. However it seems someone has this entire area locked in a barrier. For now let's get a grasp of the situation." She points to a familiar person we met one night, the one who tried to shoot her.

As we make our way down the building's walls towards the gunman we eliminate the monsters along our path. "They're everywhere... any idea what could have caused this, Amagawa-san?" "I have no idea. Perhaps it would be the time." I look at a clock on a nearby building reading 3:30 in the morning. "Zetsumu-kun, whatever you do, do not make any sudden movements." I immediately stop and look around but there doesn't seem to be any enemies nearby, until I heard two gunshots.

We both look at the roof of the building ahead us and on the roof was the same gunman from before. "Tenha good to see you're both still alive." He jumps down to the street and called me by my name and removes his mask. "I do not have much time right now but I'll explain later. For now help us deal with these guys."

"Genhou?! You're... look at you... I mean..." I could not believe my eyes, Fukuki Genhou, the transfer student from Italy who was assigned next to my seat in class is this gun trotting marksman who almost got killed by Amagawa Rinko. "Yes I know this surprises you but what comes next will probably leave you both speechless." A shadow appears above followed by a bright flash behind us and as my eyes begin to adjust to the light I see another familiar person.

"Kensai?! Don't tell me even the president is involved with this?" Ryuu Kensai, vice president of the student council now wears something that resembles a feudal age ninja. "Yes. Ensui-dono is also involved and is trying to stop this as we speak. I have come to deliver your orders, Tenha-dono, Rinko-dono." He gives us letter envelopes with the seal of the student council, as we opened our envelopes the message was handwritten in a large font. 'Go wild.'

Our gaze was the directed to Kensai in confusion, then returned to the letter, and then back to Kensai. "He means what the letter says. The four of us will take these monsters down while he stops the source of these things." After his explanation we look at each other and nod. "I'll go east as planned and Kensai-san will go west and block those who try to flee." Genhou says as he makes a run towards the eastern side of the business district and Kensai goes the opposite way without a word.

"Then I'll take the north side, with an open area like that I'd have no problems fighting all out. What about you Amagawa-san?" with the both of us left I ask her before leaving. "I'll go back at the tower. I can support you three from there." "Okay, make sure not to overdo it. Take care, Hime-san." She nods as we exchange farewells and move towards our planned locations.

[Eyes of Jihyou Ensui]

"Now then time to get started... Genhou was more cooperative than I thought. Thanks to him and Kensai we can control the damage that were caused by Those who dwell in darkness." I stand in front of a large passageway linking the world of the living back to my home, the Underworld. "Zetsumu Tenha and Amagawa Rinko both made good decisions by not killing each other and saving me some time by killing off the other progenitors." I reach out my hand and focus my energy towards the passage. "They did everything well except the last one. Well I can't blame them since they're new to these kinds of things." I intend to close the passage but is going to take some time as Tenha made it too large just for the two of them. "I guess I'll explain everything once all of this is over..." I put all of my willpower and concentration into closing the passage as time drags on more of these monsters appear and it will only be a matter of time until the four of them are overwhelmed...