Chapter 4 - Another

Chapter 4

[Wednesday| August 29, 2012| 11:50 PM]

[Eyes of Zetsumu Tenha]

It has been more than an hour since I left my house and fought against Those Who Dwell in Darkness along the way but for some reason, I have yet to see the one who I know as Amagawa Rinko. "I knew I came out late tonight but I can't imagine her as the type that would get angry for just that. Better roam around more. I might see her." I jumped over the fire exit of one building and used it to get to the roof. [Quite a peaceful night we have tonight. Too bad those things are roaming around and we are the only ones who can see them...]

Standing on of the buildings in the shopping district, I got lost in my thoughts as the cold night's wind blows by the dark clouds move about in the sky revealing the moon which lights up the night. "Alright, time to get a move on. I don't have all night either. I run into her or we'd never meet tonight. Hmm?" As I was about to jump down, something flashed in the distance which caught my eye, followed by a loud sound. I quickly understood what it was.

[Damn. Someone's firing on people from roofs now?!] I quickly descended down the building while keeping the rooftop where I saw the flash earlier in view. [Crap this is bad... really bad. If there was actually someone hit I'm going to have to bring them to the hospital. But if I do that I'd be attracting attention to myself] I heard three more shots different from the one before whilst running towards the building where the gunman was supposed to be. My mind went all out with whatever I can do. Reaching the base of the four-story building, I ran up the wall using my momentum and absurd strength reaching the rooftop in no time. It was there where I saw her again.

Against the light of the moon, the blade of her scythe shined as she raised her weapon preparing to strike at the gunman now on the floor. As she brought her scythe down, I quickly moved between them using my sword to block her weapon. "Hime, don't you think this is a bit too much?" "Kishi... get out of the way. He tried to shoot me, four times actually if you did not hear the gunshots earlier." I looked at the gunman behind me and nodded. Nodding back, he stood up putting his handgun back at his holster and slung a rifle on his back before he made his escape.

"Wait, where are you going?" The girl with the scythe pursued him. However, I blocked her path. "What is the meaning of this, Kishi? Don't tell me you're working with him." She raises her scythe at me, "I am not, however it is against my policy for people to die without knowing their intentions first." I take a defensive stance in case she does anything aggressive "Oh? What kind of policy is that? He was clearly trying to shoot me." She kept glancing behind her which has been bothering me for a while now. "Now then, I want you to calm down for a while, Hime. Tell me what happened after you've calmed down." She took a deep breath and explained to me what had happened.

"So that's what happened. Well it seems like he was targeting the one behind you. In fact, you should have thanked him for that." "Yes I know but-" she still acting hard headed even if she knows she was in the wrong, "I know. I would have reacted the same way if I were to be put in the same situation. But look, he was acting on his own defense. We can just forget him and he can probably forget that he met us tonight." I sat down on the rooftop floor putting my down sword beside me as I stared into the night sky.

[Still if he was aiming for that thing, it means that he can also see them.] "Hey Hime, those things that we fight... you know Those Who Dwell in Darkness. Are they by any chance visible to others?" I asked the girl standing beside me as she put her hand at her chin to think. "There are only a certain few who can see them based from what I know. If he can see them, then he must be involved in this somehow." She said while her scythe disappeared like how the souls we collect. [Things are getting more messed up now. I get one answer and I get a dozen or more questions.] As my mind went through a lot of things, only silence can be heard on this rooftop... until she called out to me.