Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Hello sir." The nurse said.

"Hi, my name is Harry."

"I am Amy, Alice's nurse."

"How is she doing? What are her injuries?" I asked.

"She has a few scrapes but the big thing is she has a horrible concussion. We are keeping her asleep to let her brain heal. Her brain is too weak for her to be awake. We are not sure if it will ever be strong enough." She informed me.

"When will we know?"

"Well, today is Wednesday, so if she should be awake between next Wednesday or the one afterwards. If she does not wake, there is very little chance of her making it."

As she walked out of the room, the guys made their way in.

"Did you hear everything?" I asked them.

All they did was nod.

. . .

*A Couple of Hours Later*

"So what are we going to do about the tour?" Louis asked Paul.

"We have postponed everything for two months. But after that we are going to have to go on with or without Alice." Paul replied.

"I am not leaving Alice." I said sternly.

"Harry, we will deal with this when the time comes." He responded.

"It is getting late shouldn't we get back to the hotel." Liam said.

"Yeah, come on guys let's go." Paul agreed.

"I am going to stay here for the night." I replied.

"Harry, you need to sleep." Paul replied sternly.

"I will sleep here. I am not leaving Alice's side unless I really have to."

Paul sighed knowing he was not going to win this argument. He turned around and made his way out of the room with the rest of the guys following him.

I called up Mr. And Mrs. Covington to catch them up. They were leaving in the morning to get here. I bought the tickets for them. At the moment that is what it is all I can do.

I grabbed a couple of chairs and put them next to the hospital bed. I sat down and propped my feet up. I fell asleep while holding Alice's hand.

. . .

"Good morning Harry" I heard Gracie's voice as I slowly woke up.

She came in with her arm in a sling. She was scraped up but she looked better than Alice.

"Good morning Gracie." I replied.

"Did you stay here all night?"

"Yeah, I just don't want to leave Alice alone." I told her.

"How are you dealing with all of this?" Gracie asked trying to make eye contact with me but I refused.

"I am ok. I don't want to lose her. I love her with all of my heart." As I spoke tears started flooding my eyes.

"She is going to survive. I know Alice, she is a fighter."