"Are you done making the snacks?"

"Almost," he answered.

"I'll give you a hand."

"I hope you can give me a different hand later tonight too." You stopped abruptly, looking back at Hawks with a sharp glare because you very well know what he's trying to say and Hawks laughed a little forcefully. "Just kidding,"

"I swear, if you say those kinds of dirty remarks when the twins are around, who knows what I might do with that." You glanced down, your words threatening and Hawks instinctively covered his crotch as he chuckled nervously.

Afterwards, you asked Hawks what help you can give him and he taught you how to make the twins' favorite sandwich with his very own version of what he calls the secret sauce so when he's not around, you can make this chicken sandwich for the twins.

You and Hawks also made extra two sandwiches so you two can eat it with the twins who arrived right on time at half past three.

"Mama, papa, we're home!" Keishi yelled from the living room, throwing his bag on the couch before it fell. While Keita made sure to put his bag on the couch carefully so it wouldn't fall before he took his brother's bag and put it beside his bag as he ran after Keishi to the kitchen.

"Papa's special chicken sandwich!" Keishi said when he saw the sandwich on the kitchen island. "Ta-chan, hurry. Papa made his special chicken sandwich!"

Keita came right after but before the twins could take their seats, you stood up.

"Come, we need to wash your hands first," you said, walking back to the living room.

Keita followed suit while Keishi looked at the appetizing sandwich before he gulped down.

"Papa, don't you dare eat first," he said, looking at Hawks who was about to take a bite. "Wait for me, Ta-chan and mama."

Hawks put the sandwich down before he nodded his head and Keishi ran off to follow you and Keita. You had taken the twins' bags and headed upstairs to their room before you went to their little bathroom and watched them as they washed their hands.

"How's school?" you asked, drying Keita's hands while Keishi finished washing his hands.

"School's fine," Keita said, though he sounded a little bit less enthusiastic before he stepped to the side so you could dry Keishi's hands.

You thought Keishi would start talking about school since he heard what you just asked, but he was unusually quiet and even after you finished drying his hands and as you three walked downstairs, neither of the twins said anything about school.

When you three got back to the kitchen, you helped the two settle on their chairs as you sat down, noticing the Hawks had made orange juice while you three were upstairs.

It was halfway through eating their snacks, aside from their usual comments about the sandwich, the twins really didn't say anything about school, so you asked again.

"So, did you two accomplish mama's hero mission?" you asked, taking a sip of the orange juice while the twins visibly stopped for a moment.

You put your glass down and looked at them. They seem to be thinking who should speak first. It was Keishi who spoke first as you looked at him.

"We...failed..." he muttered, looking down. "We couldn't make friends."

Couldn't, not didn't, you thought to yourself.