Chapter 39: The Letter That Changed Everything

Start from the beginning

I couldn't decide what to do with the letter right now so I threw it aside and got back to the real world. Sam needed me and I was going to be there for him. I picked up my keys then ran back downstairs ignoring Brody Jake and Sarah-Jayne's calls as I rushed out of the house. I got into my car and drove as fast as I could. Ravens bar wasn't that far away so it didn't take me long to get there. I rushed into the bar and scanned all around for Sam. I found him sitting up at the bar surrounded by empty glasses.

What has he gone and done now? I don't like this Sam who gets drunk and careless but I need to be here for him.

"Sammy." I sighed putting my hand on his shoulder causing him to jump.

"Marley-Rose! I'm so glad to see you!" He slurred.

"Sammy what are you doing drinking here on your own?" I asked him.

"Trying to forget about my life." He replied. "It's pretty shity."

Sams life was far from shitty. He had an amazing life. It hurt me to see him like this but I'm glad he called me instead of Sarah-Jayne. I don't think she could handle seeing her brother like this.

"Right Sam let's get you home." I sighed trying to get him up.

As I was trying to lift Sam up a man bumped into me and spilled some of his drink over me by accident.

"Oh I'm so sorry, can I help you get cleaned up?" He asked.

"Its ok really. I'm fine thanks." I smiled assuring the stranger I was ok.

"Marley did he hurt you?" Sam slurred standing up straight ready to fight.

"Sam. Down boy." I ordered.

Sam swung for the man but I pulled him back so his fist didn't actually come in contact with the man's face. The man was about 10 stone heavier than Sam and a foot taller.... I am not letting Sam get killed.

"I'm sorry his cat just died." I lied to the man as an excuse then pulled Sam out of the bar before he got himself in anymore trouble.

Once I got Sam outside I sat him down on a bench by the docks so he could try sober up.

"Thank you for coming."Sam thanked me.

"Of course, you needed me." I shrugged.

"I needed you 6 weeks ago." Sam groaned.

"Sam how many times do we have to go over this?" I sighed. "Look I'm sorry but I had to put myself first. Brody had broke my heart! I was kidnapped, isolated for three weeks. I wasn't the same person. It would have been cruel for you to ask me to stay."

"I missed you. I wanted to protect you, after the kidnapping. I wanted the chance to be the strong one. I never wanted you to feel pain again. Then I lost you." Sam cried.

"Sam I'm here." I pulled him into me. "This is me. This is me sitting right here. I'm broken, I'm fragile, I've been to hell and back but I'm here. Even when I'm away I'll always be with you, in your heart Sam."

"Can we go back to the way we used to be?" Sam asked me seriously with hope in his eyes.

This was exactly what I needed. After the Angelo incident ruined my day, Sam has made it better. I loved Sam so much and all I've wanted since I got back is to be his friend again. I needed him to love me.

"Of course we can." I smiled.

Sam burst into a genuine big smile then pulled me up from the bench and picked me up spinning me around in a hug.

"I love you Marley-Rose!" Sammy exclaimed.

He was back!

"I love you too!" I laughed as he put me down. "But you can't go home in this state."

"Where else can I go?" He asked.

"Well Robbie's gone now so there's a side in my bed free." I suggested.

'I'm in!" Sam exclaimed straight away.

"Text your parents and tell them you're staying at Ryans or something."I told him as I led him to the car.

************

"Now just take your wee shoes off pet." I encouraged a drunken Sam as he toppled over to my bed. He plopped himself down on my bed and I helped him get his shoes and coat off then tucked him under the covers and kiss his forehead then he fell straight asleep like a little angel.

I couldn't express how happy I was to have Sam back on my side. He was one of my best friends, he was family. I had been working so hard for him to forgive me and all it took was some time for him to think about it and a couple of whiskeys. This meant now that I had Sam back I was one step closer to getting the group back together.

I changed into my pyjamas and it was then I peeled off the bandage to let my tattoo breath. It felt so good just getting it off. It still hurt like but I loved it.

Just as I was about to get into bed I noticed the letter from my mom to Angelo on the floor where I left it. I picked it up looked at Angelos name in my mom's handwriting. Now I had to get back to my other problems. The letter was authentic. If all this was real it means my mom cheated in my dad and my dad isn't actually my dad. It would mean that my dad isn't dead, I would have a father.

As I continued to think I heard a faint knocking on my window. I turned and found Brody on the balcony. I sighed walking over to the window doors and slipping outside to join him so we wouldn't waken Sam.

"So can we talk about the man earlier?" Brody asked and I nodded "Is it true?"

I then handed over the letter to Brody. It didn't take him long to read through it and at the end of it he looked back up at me as if he had seen a ghost. He couldn't understand how I felt but the letter would surely give him some idea.

"Does this mean he is your dad?" Brody asked me.

"I don't know." I sighed. "The letter is from my mom but it just doesn't seem right. I don't want to believe it Brody."

"What can we do?" Brody asked rubbing my arm.

"We find out the truth." I shrugged. "Can you take me to see my uncles tomorrow after we go get my clothes."

"Are you sure you want to see them?" Brody asked me.

"No but I need to know the truth." I nodded.

"Ok Marley." Brody nodded as well.

I looked down at his arm and saw he had took his wrap off his tattoo as well. His looked amazing. I reached for his arm then traced up and down the tattoo. Then with Brody's other arm he lifted my top up a little and put his hand on mine. This was all I needed. Him.