Chapter 27

Take back the crown that hangs at the gate 

ready or not, steady your aim

- Raise Your Horns by Halestorm

I had left Demi alone for the remainder of the night, but the next morning when she tried to quietly leave our room to go to the gym, thinking I was still asleep, I stopped her.

"Do we have to do this now?" She tried to bargain but I just nodded, taking her hand and pulling her down to sit next to me on the bed.

"We should have done this weeks ago" I didn't let go of her hand, and she didn't try to pull away.

"I know" she agreed. "So where do we start?" 

I looked at her, trying to radiate confidence and calmness that I didn't actually possess at this moment.

"By laying down some ground rules. First of all, complete honesty. This is difficult but we have been trying to spare each other's feelings for far too long, it always seems to get us into trouble. Second, we can't put the blame on ourselves or each other for things that are out of our control. And third, no one leaves until this conversation is over. Not physically and not mentally, we need to be present and we need to do this right. Is that okay with you? Do you have anything to add?"

She shook her head.

"No, that sounds good, but do you think you could start?"

"Of course" I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"So I guess the first thing I have been wondering about but was too afraid to ask is: What are we? I mean obviously, we are not just friends but am I allowed to call you my girlfriend" She chuckled quietly.

"Oh Alex, I wish I'd known you were even questioning that because for me it's been so clear. Unless you have any objections then as far as I'm concerned this is the most serious relationship I have ever had and yes, I do consider us girlfriends" She squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Okay so then, while we are on that topic, what the hell is this dynamic we have when it comes to sex? I mean, I am not complaining because I love it, but would you be willing to explore that more in detail? Because I want you to know that I have done this before, I have been formally trained by a Domme who is very special to me and taught me a lot. You seem like you have your fair share of experience as well but it feels like every time we get closer to it you pull away. I don't want to make you uncomfortable." This had been weighing on me, but now that I was saying it out loud I felt silly.

"I think that is just a communication issue" Demi started "because I find it so exhilarating and I would love nothing more than to explore it more in depth but I was scared to really bring it up. I'm always so confident in the heat of the moment but as soon as that confidence dies down a little bit I'm just scared that I'm going to hurt you and I've been kind of procrastinating having an actual negotiation with you. But I think once we have done that we could have a lot of fun with it" She admitted.

I nodded, excited and relieved to hear that.

"I actually have something I want to say now too" 

She started and I gave her a reassuring nod.

"I know that you have noticed that I tend to let my problems eat at me instead of getting help in dealing with them but I don't know how to stop doing that. It's all I've ever been. The big sister, the strong girl, the tough WWE fighter, it's so difficult for me to be vulnerable, and when you try to protect me from what is going on in your life by shutting me out or leaving to bait Xav, it makes me feel like you don't believe that I am strong enough to stand with you. That you don't trust me to be there. I know it's not what you mean to do, but it feels like it to me" 

I swallowed hard. I could tell by the shaking in her voice that this had been very difficult for her to say.

"I get that now, Demi, and I am so sorry that it took me so long. From now on we are a united front, no one is fighting by themselves anymore, deal?" 

Instead of a verbal answer she flung her arms around my neck and pulled me into a hug.

"As for the overexercising, we both know this can't go on and I have a proposition for you"

She looked at me, head tilted like a curious puppy while her eyebrows were raised as a sign that she was skeptical.

"I will be working out with you from now on. God knows I could use a little bit of training and that way you can push me to challenge myself and I can remind you to listen to your body. Same with meals, we will be eating together from now on, no excuses" 

She thought about it for a second. 

"I love that idea, that actually sounds really fun"

"That is settled then"

"Oh and one more thing" She suddenly interjected.

"I want date nights. I think we need to get out more, really get to know each other and honestly, I feel like we could both use a little bit of lighthearted fun every once in a while" She grinned, clearly pleased with herself for coming up with this.

"You don't have to tell me twice" I grinned back at her and squealed when she suddenly tackled me, attacking me with kisses until I could barely breathe from laughter.

"Okay, let's go down to the gym and meet the guys, I can't wait to start your personal training," She said dangerously excited.

"I am going to regret ever making this suggestion, aren't I?" I sighed.

"Oh you can bet on that" 

And with that she ushered me out of bed so I could get ready.