Chapter 12

A/N:

This is the part where it gets spicy. And kinky. This is just the beginning though, read at your own risk.

You're never gonna get it with the games you play

a little respect goes a long, long way

- I Come First by Halestorm

"That is a scratch-off ticket" I responded to her question, matter-of-factly.

"No shit" she scoffed "mind telling me what it's doing in my apartment?"I opened and closed my mouth without a single sound escaping. Like a fish.

"When did you buy this?" she pressed. She knew exactly when I had bought this, she just wanted to test if I would lie to her.

"Earlier" I admitted. "But I didn't use it"

"Do I look like I give a shit?" she got up from the bed and approached in a predatory way that would've made my knees weak from arousal in any other situation but right now it scared me.

"The problem here, Alex, isn't you buying or using this. The problem is that you didn't tell me. Haven't I proven myself trustworthy to you? You were clearly struggling and instead of coming to me, you resorted to this. Do you know how that makes me feel?" suddenly there was something more to her voice than anger. She was disappointed in me.

I didn't want this to turn into a heartfelt, tearful conversation. I'd had enough of that. If she wanted to fight, I was in but I wasn't breaking down, not tonight.

"I'm a grown-up, Demi. If you want me out of your apartment I'm gone, but I can do with my money whatever I want" My voice sounded almost as cold as her hat a moment ago. 

"Don't you get that I only have your best interest at heart?" the disappointment was gone. There was just fury left.

"And how would you know what is the best for me?" I spat. At that, she had enough. She rushed towards me, grabbed my wrist, and pinned them against the closed bathroom door, above my head. 

She only seemed to realize the situation we were in once she was already pressed against me with her whole body, still holding my wrist and panting in my face.

"You can be such a little brat" she growled.

"Then what are you going to do about it?" I raised my left eyebrow in my best attempt to be as infuriating as humanly possible.

Just then she seemed to see right through what I had done."I might make you sleep in the guest room on your own" she replied, her voice as level and clear as ever.

Well, this hadn't been part of my plan.

"But that would be so boring now, wouldn't it?" My next move was calculated and I knew that I had a 50 percent chance of ruining everything and pushing her away for good. But I couldn't help myself.

"How about you let me make it up to you" I gracefully sunk to my knees in front of her.

She stared at me in shock for a moment and I was sure she'd tell me to get up and get out of her room. Instead, she tilted her head to the sight, suddenly intrigued.

 "And just how do you expect to do that?" the velvety smooth, low growl was back.

"However, you want" I put the palms of my hands on her thighs and slowly let them slide down her bare legs, trying not to look smug as I felt her get goosebumps. Just as I brought my hands back up to sneak them under the seams of her shorts I suddenly felt a sharp sting on the back of my head.

Demi had pulled me back up by my hair, so high that I had to stand on my tiptoes in order to not be in pain. 

"Then why don't you stop pretending you're in control and go lay down on the fucking bed" she hissed in my ear.I shuddered, which didn't escape her watchful eye, and moved towards the bed with as much dignity as I could muster.

When I went to sit down on the edge of the bed she stepped closer and pushed me on my back by my shoulders. Hovering over me for a moment she then grabbed my hair and pulled me up by it, making me arch my back. Her face, once again, came close to mine and our noses brushed like she wanted to kiss me but when I turned my head to go in for a kiss she harshly pushed me back onto the bed. 

"The initiative is mine. And right now I just want to look. Show me the rest of you." She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked at me expectantly. I wasn't quite sure if I had understood her correctly though.

"Show me the rest of you" she repeated, making clear that I had indeed understood her correctly.I slowly got up on my knees and pulled my shirt over my head. She nodded, signalling me to keep going.I moved to take of my pants when she stopped me.

"No. Put them back on and try that again. Slower. Sexy" I froze for a second.

"Somebody's shy?" she asked, one eyebrow arched.

I made an unintelligible sound."You can be honest" her voice sounded calm, sincere.

"A little bit"She chuckled.

"I wonder why" She pushed me back down onto the bed, bracing her hands on either side of my head.Taking her time she took in every inch of me she could see. My neck, collarbones, don't to my breasts. With anyone else I would have felt exposed. But with her it felt right. Like this was how it was supposed to be. She approached my face once again, and once again I tried to kiss her, but she put a hand on my chest and pushed herself back up, leaving me wanting once again.

"That's where you want to be but you're not going to get there yet. We have a lot of talking to do first. Not tonight though" She let her hands slide over my chest one more time and swiftly got off the bed, disappearing in the bathroom. 

Moments later I could hear the shower turn on.I tried to slow down my heart rate, failing miserably and resisted the urge to try and finish what she had started.This woman really was something else. And I had gravely underestimated her.