Chapter 22

I don't want this fucking codependent vice,

but desperate measures call for desperate lies

- Disguise by Motionless in White

Demi hadn't been kidding when she was talking about that new training plan.

When I woke up at six thirty am, I found her in the living room with a jump rope, getting some cardio in before she had even gotten to the gym.

"Oh good, you're awake!" She said, out of breath.

"Do you think you could be ready in 30?" putting the rope to the side she pulled me in to give me a kiss.

"Sure, wouldn't want you to get bored" I laughed, earning an unamused look.

When I walked out of the bedroom with my gym bag 30 minutes later she was already waiting at the door.

"Hey, do you have a plan for lunch?" I yelled after her. 

"Nope," she said popping the p, already halfway out the door "No time"

"No time my ass" I muttered while charging after her and handing her the lunch I had made earlier, perfectly ready in a to-go container. No excuses possible. 

"What would I do without you?" She gave me a sarcastic grin. 

"Starve" I answered without missing a beat.

Today was a work day for me, I was obviously way behind on videos so whether she liked it or not, every single thing Demi did today was getting filmed.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked her when she stepped out of the locker room.

She took a quick glance at the notebook in her hand.

"Cardio, arms, back, abs, shoulders, cardio again, and then some sparring practice" she read from the page.

"What?" Demi added when she noticed I was staring at her.

"You really don't waste any time do you?" I didn't know whether I found this funny or concerning.

Demi, however, just chuckled and made her way over to the stair master.

For the next thirty minutes, Demi was demolishing her legs while I was sitting next to her on a vacant stair master, filming.

At first, Demi had told me to stop because this wasn't interesting for anyone to watch so I had taken that as a challenge to make it interesting. 

"Hey Dems, what's Gordon Ramsay's favorite wrestling show?"

She tried not to look at me, gritting her teeth.

"I don't know love, but I have a feeling you are going to tell me whether I like it or not" she panted.

"It's fucking RAW" I replied.

"I hope for your sake that you found these online and didn't come up with them yourself because what the fuck" 

"Did you know that no wrestling event is ever sold out?" I ignored her comment.

"Yes, 'cause they always have some extra seats under the ring" she sighed. 

"Can you find a new hobby now, Alex?"

"Did you know that Bianca got lost in a snowstorm last year? It was okay though, they tracked her down, just had to follow the fresh prints of Belair"

"I SWEAR TO GOD ALEX SHUT UP"

"Which wrestler never leaves the gym?" I asked, cracking up at her annoyance.

"Mat." Said a deep voice behind me. 

We both turned around to see Buddy Matthews leaning against one of the treadmills. 

"Matt, thank god you're here" Demi got off the stair master and threw up her hands as though she was praying to some kind of god.

"This woman is driving me nuts right now, so there's been a change in the schedule. Weights can wait, we're sparring now"She stuck out her tongue to me, grabbed his arm, and pulled him in the direction of the practice ring.

"How does Asuka produce that green mist?" I yelled after them.

"I don't know" Matt turned around "but she'll probably tell you if you just Asuka"

Damn, he was better at this than I was. 

I locked my phone that I had been using to look up these wrestling horrible dad jokes (it was surprising that you could pretty much find a Twitter account for absolutely everything), and followed them.

What ensued in the ring for the next hour was peak content that I couldn't wait to edit.

It was honestly a shame that WWE wouldn't let Demi wrestle men because seeing the big, strong Buddy Matthews be outsmarted by her really was a sight to see.

They trained some specific moves and then had a playful practice match that ended in a tie.

Afterward, they started doing weights, Demi tried to annoy Matt by picking the highest weights possible for her which drove him to a very entertaining state of competitiveness. 

Before I knew it it was 10 am. 

We had been at the gym for three hours but Demi didn't seem like she was even close to finished with her workout.

After Matt had left because he had an appointment, she got back on the stair master.

"Don't you think it's enough for the day?" I asked. 

"I still have to do abs and back, and I'm only done with half of my cardio" she shrugged.

"Okay, well I'm gonna get a drink, do you want anything?" I smiled at her.

"No thank you" came the response. I walked over to the vending machine and got a diet coke for me and a Gatorade for Demi.

I brought her the beverage, earning a stern look, and then sat down in the lounging area with my laptop to start editing the video. 

The next time I looked at the time it was 1 pm and Demi was nowhere to be seen. 

I waited for a moment to find her walking out of the locker room, hair still wet from the shower and wearing sweatpants with a sports bra that displayed her abs in a way that made me stare at them for a little too long.

"Take a picture it'll last longer" Demi leaned down to give me a kiss.

Without hesitation, I took out my phone and took a photo of her midriff.

"Weirdo" she playfully smacked the back of my head.

"Your idea" I grinned.

"Let's go home" she responded and took my hand to help me up.

"Did you have your lunch? Was it okay?" I wanted to know.

"I did. Thank you love, it was perfect"

Demi waited for me to pack up my equipment and we were on our way home.

The rest of the day was spent with the dogs in the park, Demi was running and jumping around with them like a little kid, I swore that woman had the energy of three toddlers in her, and I watched and took some more videos of her, mostly because I wanted to be able to watch it back.

Seeing her like that made me so, so happy.