Chapter 17

I'm all out of hope

One more bad break could bring a fall

When I'm far from home

Don't call me on the phone to tell me you're alone

It's easy to deceive, it's easy to tease

But hard to get release

Les yeux sans visage

Eyes without a face

Eyes without a face -Billy Idol

______________________________________

The next morning, Lily decided to not let the situation make her all soppy and sad.

Even though she wanted to stay home and eat snacks while watching romance movies all day, she decided to face what's in front of her.

Was she going to confront Paxton? Eventually, but not today.

She wanted him to really think about what he did, that's the power of avoiding confrontation, only when it's needed.

She nonetheless got ready for school, not showing that she was sad or that she cried herself to sleep the night prior.

As soon as she walked into school after getting a ride from her mom, Gigi instantly ran to Lily.

"Are you alright?" Gigi asked quietly, not wanting to draw attention to the situation.

"I'm handling it, thank you for telling me about it, Gigi." Lily said gratefully, managing to give the girl a smile.

"No problem, I just didn't know how to tell you, it was a sticky situation, you know?" Gigi implied as she looked at Lily with empathy.

"I understand, I appreciate you telling me though." Lily stated, "Hey, is there still cheer practice after school?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the field at the end of the day?" Gigi asked as she started walking.

"Yeah, bye Gigi!" She laughed.

She opened her locker and got all the books she might need out, as she felt hands around her waist.

Fuck that.

She turned around and looked at Paxton blankly as she took his hands off her.

"What's wrong, baby?" Paxton asked looking worried.

"I would say it's nothing, but it's not nothing, you fucking figure it out." Lily said walking away with a scowl on her face.

As she walked away Aneesa walked by her and slung her arm around Lily, but her happy aura stopped when she saw Lily's face.

"What's wrong?" Aneesa asked concerned as she looked at her best friend, who was on the verge of exploding.

______________________________________

Aneesa and Lily were currently ditching, sitting in a random park somewhere, smoking weed.

"Why did we become friends with Devi again?" Aneesa asked.

"You tell me." Lily laughed breathing out the smoke and passing the joint to Aneesa.

"I guess I saw something in her, I was wrong." Aneesa put her hands up in defense.

"Ay! Why are you guys smoking without me?" The two girls whipped their heads around to see Trent jogging towards them.

He sat down in between the two girls and took the joint, "So, who we talking shit about?" He asked casually as he inhaled.

Lily and Aneesa gave each other a knowing look, knowing they should tell him.

"So, um, apparently Paxton snuck into Devi's window last night." Lily said.

"He did not." Trent said in shock, wondering why he would do that.

"Yeah, so I'm not quite sure what to do from here." Lily laughed nervously.

"Listen, Lils, that's fucked up for him, man, and with crazy devi, the girl who cheated on him." Trent asked in pure shock and confusion. "Nah you got me fucked up man."

After a few hours they all went home, while Lily went back to school for cheer practice.

She would say she's getting good at it, she lands her flips and does the right and does the right amount of tricks.

"Lily." Gigi stated as she nodded her head to behind Lily, Lily turned to see Paxton waiting there with his car.

"Lily, should I give you a ride home?" Gigi asked as she put a hand on her shoulder.

"Only if you wouldn't mind." Lily smiled.

"It's not a problem, c'mon." She said leading Lily towards her car, before Lily got in, she saw Paxton's confused face, mixed with a hint of sadness.

"Ignore him." Gigi stated as she started to car.

As they drove home, making conversation, they realized they had a lot in common, seeing as they would be close in the future.

As Lily bid her goodbye and got out of the car, Gigi reversed and looked at Lily.

"You know, I could pick you up and drop you off everyday, It's on my way, as well." Gigi offered kindly.

"That would be great, thank you!" Lily ran to the car as the two shared a hug through the window.

"See ya, tomorrow!" Gigi smiled as she was on her way.

Lily walked inside, seeing her mom in the kitchen.

"Hey, mama." She smiled giving her mom a hug.

"Paxton not picking you up anymore?" Her mom asked as she looked at her daughter.

"Not anymore."

a/n: THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA, IM SORRY I FORGOT UR USERNAME BUT PLEASE COMMENT AND I'LL GIVE CREDITS ML<333

hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, its a lil shorter.

sorry for spelling or grammatical errors.