Chapter 16

You got that James Dead daydream look in your eye

And I got that red lip classic thing that you like

And when we go crashing down we come back everytime cause we never go out of style

We never go out of style

You got that long hair slicked back, white t-shirt

And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt

And when we go crashing down we come back everytime

Style -Taylor Swift

______________________________________

Liliana was currently at her house, practicing for school, she had tried out for cheer and made the cut.

She was doing some stretches before she heard her phone start ringing.

"Hello?" She questioned as she answered her phone.

"Lily, get ready, I'm pick you up." She heard Paxton say on the other end of the phone.

"Uhm, thanks for asking," She replied sarcastically at his bluntness. "I'll be ready." She stated nonetheless.

"Would you rather walk to school?" He chuckled.

"God damnit." She sighed to herself rushing to her room to quickly get ready.

Around ten minutes later, she heard the doorbell ring, she immediately ran down the stairs, her books almost falling out her bag.

"Lily, calm down." Her mother sighed rubbing her temples at the noise she was creating.

"Sorry!" She whisper yelled as she finally made it to Paxton's car, surprisingly in one piece.

"You good, baby?" Paxton asked leaning over and giving her a quick peck as she got into the passenger seat.

"Oh, I hope so." She stated pulling out her mirror and a few makeup products.

Paxton looked at her in the corner of his eye as he started the car, confused as to how she was rushing.

"I completely ran out of time, I was practicing and then you called me and I somehow forgot school was a thing in the universe." She said fastly as she applied some mascara and digging in her backpack for something else.

"Did we have homework?" She asked quickly while putting on lipgloss and shoving it all in her bag.

"Uhm-" Paxton started before getting interrupted.

"I'm asking like I'm gonna do it anyways." She stated knowing thats the last thing she would do.

______________________________________

Currently they were all in history class, Liliana sat down and got her books out.

"Scholars, bad news," Mr Shapiro started off while leaning on his desk. "My ongoing fight with the school board has suffered a crushing blow."

"I will have to administer a final exam and not a final interpretive dance." He stated looking disappointed.

"But I already amazoned a unitard!" Trent called out in disappointment.

Lily let out a slight snort at the statement of Trent.

"However, they cannot stop me from offering a more creative bit of extra credit." Mr Shapiro said standing up right.

Lily didn't bother, she would most definitely not do it, but that was just her anyway.

The assignment was about an American saga that has affected their family, which had to be presented in front of the class.