Anusha (Part-4)

The next day, Sunil came to the hospital early and did his other works quickly. Then he went to her cabin and noticed that she was sitting silently looking at her mobile.

"Good morning" he said and entered in a good mood.

She just smiled weekly at him in return. He noticed that she is upset.

"What happened? Why are you upset in the morning itself?" he asked as he sat beside her and touched her forehead for fever. But it was normal.

"Nothing, my body hurts completely" she replied slowly.

"Wait, let me check your temperature" he said as he thought that she may have internal fever.

"No, I mean my back and thigh hurts. That's it" she replied. He stared at her for a second and still proceeded checking her temperature. And it was little high so he just shrugged it off.

"Shall I ask the nurse to give you ice massage?" he asked politely. She shook her head thinking that it will cause her pain again.

"Why? I will be with her so don't worry" he said as he knows that she hate nurses.

"No, I don't want anything" she replied and sighed.

He silently sat beside her without knowing what to talk further.

"Can you do me a favour?" she asked slowly.

"Yeah, anything for you" he said with enthusiasm.

"Can you please skip today's dose?" she asked very politely. He raised his eyes at her.

"No, just 6 more days" he said. Her eyes are welled up but she controlled herself from letting it fall from her eyes. He noticed it and he tried to distract her from thinking about that.

She was silent throughout the talk but he talked nonstop. After few minutes, he thought to give her two shots so he stood up.

She immediately held his hand and looked at him with fearful eyes.

"Where are you going?" She asked him after knowing clearly what he is upto.

"Going to prepare the shots" he said simply looking at her. She immediately held his hands tightly.

"Please, please don't give me. I beg you please. I don't want today" she let her tears out this time. He was shocked after seeing her cry.

She never throws this much tantrums before shots. He sat beside her and she immediately hugged him and cried her eyes out.

"Hey, what happened to you suddenly?" He asked worriedly.

"Please, I can't handle that pain again. It's still hurting heavily from yesterday, please" she begged and cried her eyes out.

He doesn't know how to convince her. He tried to convince her but she was crying like a child. He could not console her at the same time he can't skip the shots too.

He messaged his personal nurse to come to the room so she came after few minutes. She was shocked to see his doctor was hugging the patient but she knows him well.

Anusha noticed her and started crying heavily.

"Please, leave me, I don't want anything, please" she cried without letting him go from the hug. He caressed her back.

"It's okay relax, nothing. We will do it later, not now calm down" he said wiping her tears out. He also signalled the nurse to prepare the shots silently.

He pulled her head to the opposite side of the nurse and patted her in a comforting way. The nurse without making any sound prepared it.

"Can you lie on my lap and try to sleep. We will talk about this later after you wake up" he asked her.