Chapter 15: Beach Party Crashers

Start from the beginning

Megan held out her hand," Let's go play in the ocean, it's nice and cool despite the heat."

Danny hesitated for a moment before taking the Martian's hand. "Alright, I don't think I could go back to sleep again anyway." He started frowning, and started thinking back on that strange dream. For some reason it felt like more than just a dream. Megan could feel slight worry and confusion emitting from her friend and gently squeezed his hand.

Zatanna was tanning further away from where Danny's umbrella was. Artemis was even further away creating a sand replica of the mountain. "Nice to see you awake, sleeping beauty

In the ocean Wally was trying to sneak attack Kaldur but the Atlantean quickly turned around and splashed the speedster. "Ah man... I almost had you."

Kaldur just laughed. "You can't sneak up on me when I'm in my natural element, Wally."

Dick and Conner were having a splash fight of their own when a big wave knocked the younger boy down. "Looks like I win, Rob." Conner held out a hand to help the shorter boy up.

Dick took the taller boy's hand and spat out some water. No you didn't. That wave knocked me down when I was clearly winning."

Megan let go of Danny's hand when they got closer to the others, a slight brush on her face. "You guys wanna play Marco Polo?"

Everyone agreed but soon chose a different water based game when they remembered Danny couldn't physically speak yet. A couple hours had passed and Danny was currently floating with the waves, letting his intangibility keep the current from pulling him under.

"Hey Danny, you might want to come get some food before Wally eats it all." Dick held up a sandwich.

Said red head was stuffing his face, eating three sandwiches in three seconds. "Yo ave o roo."

Artemis scowled," Swallow your food Baywatch. Your spitting food on me."

Danny felt his stomach growl and decided to leave the calming effects of the cold ocean. He ate a couple sandwiches and drank a bottled water. He used this opportunity to study the other teens.

He knew everyone's names except Artemis and Robin's unless that was their real names. Danny was sure he'd met a kid that was named Robin once. Finding some frozen grapes, he started snacking on them. Staring over at Robin, Danny studied him, curiosity evident on his face. He continued to eat his grapes while staring at the other short boy, a nagging feeling that he knew him from somewhere.

Dick felt Danny staring at him and was curious as to why. Turning to look over at the other boy, Dick realized this was the first time since the team rescued him he was able to get a good look at the halfa's face. So now he was staring back, eating a bologna sandwich. At some point while he was staring, the boy wonder got a nagging feeling that he knew Danny from somewhere, but he couldn't remember where.

Conner was about to join the volleyball game Zatanna, Megan and Artemis were playing against Wally and Kaldur when he saw the two shorter raven haired boys ahving a staring contest. At least that's what he thought they were doing, it was hard to tell since Robin was wearing tinted sunglasses. "What're you two doing?"

Dick finished his sandwich.. "I don't know, ask Danny."

The smaller thirteen year old used his finger to write in the sand. "FAMILIAR" Then pointed to Dick.