005. 50 shades of your blood.

━ CHAPTER FIVE,50 shades of your blood

CHAPTER FIVE,
50 shades of your blood.

THEO, DREW AND SALEM SAT in the room with Carol Peletier and an injured father. He was bit as the chaos erupted in the Cell block, Carol coming to his rescue and was beginning the process to amputate his arm to stop the infection from spreading furthermore.

They tried to calm the man down but eventually just let him run his mouth. "I have to do it now. I want you to bite this, and boys, hold him." Theo and Drew made eye contact as one of them moved behind him, despite the bunk bed not having much room. They had to cut the shirt but as Carol tried to, they both saw it.

Drew and Carol made eye contact, almost communicating on what to do now. Theo saw the expression on their faces, adrenaline ran down his whole body. He saw the bloodied shirt and that's all he needed to know to understand.

Salem saw the way her mothers shoulders dropped and she knew. This was the same way her father died. Her asshole of a father; but, this was a good man. A good father.

He didn't deserve this.

Carol sighed, continuing to wrap the belt around his arm and the boys still did what they were told. The injured father breathes in and out, the overwhelming shock and worry in his voice as he speaks, "It's happening, isn't it?"

"You're in shock, okay? I want you just to lay back." Carol instructs the man and the teenagers move away and let him lay.

"Lizzie and Mica, you care about them," He tells Carol, glancing at Salem, "I've seen it, I don't have anybody else. Kids on their own, they don't have a chance. . . can you look out for them?," He looks at Carol and you can tell he's being serious, "Like they're yours?"

"Yeah." She speaks with softness, "Yeah, I can. I will."

The man starts to breathe heavily again, feeling the pain and death seeking in, making Theo almost want to step forward and tell the man to hold on. Theo didn't know the man very well which is why he didn't step but because of the scene he knew all too well, he almost regretted it.

Carol called his name, telling him that his kids, his daughters should get the chance for them to say goodbye. The father nodded, tears in his eyes. Carol stands up, Drew and Salem goes with. Theo stays back to make sure the man stays awake.

Not even a full fifteen minutes went by before she re-entered with two girls by her side, letting Lizzie and Mica in first. Having them say their goodbyes and words shared from their father, Theo stayed back with Carol.

Drew wasn't with them anymore, he decided to stay back as his sister scolded him for even being inside the cell block.

Salem stood afar from the siblings, holding back her snickers as Drew got scolded which made him roll his eyes playfully at her.