003. 30 days without an accident?

━ CHAPTER THREE,30 days without an accident?

CHAPTER THREE,
30 days without an accident?

"WHERES RICK?" GLENN ASKED.

As the little boy with a sheriff hat on his head led Glenn and Daryl to the apparent leader, Rick Grimes. The woman with the buzzed hair named Carol had led the family newcomers to the picnic table to make them some food, saying it's the least she could do.

Cassandra looked out into the distance, mostly to the large land as she pets Birdie's head. She zoned out as her father talked to her mom about how they felt about this place, these people.

Carol gently pressed her hand on the teenager's shoulders and even with that small action, Cass flinched. When she noticed it was just the older lady, she let out a small sigh of relief. "Sorry, I'm just a little jumpy." Cassandra apologized. Carol smiled, "It's okay, I understand." The woman handed Cassandra her food and she took it with a thank you.

Carol noticed the dog once again, "What's her name?" "Birdie." Carol leaned down to Birdie's level before looking up at the girl for permission, she nodded.

As she pet the German Shepard, her smile began to falter before stopping her movements and taking a glance at Cassandra. "We could really use these types of pets around here. It could uplift everyone's spirits." Carol politely smiled and stood up.

"I'll go see if I can find her anything to eat." She offered. "Thank you, Carol." Once she walked off, she ate her food.

Not so long afterwards, Glenn and a few other people she hadn't recognized yet. One blonde girl who resembled Carol and an old guy, but she believed one of them was the leader from him sitting down at the picnic table, crossing his hands in front of him. "I was told that you," He pointed at the youngest girl, "that you found them and were alone." Cassandra was struck for a moment, caught under his stare. She nodded.

"I mean, I was just away from my family. Not alone." She explained. "But you've gone on runs by yourself?" He asked and she nodded again, confirming his assumption.

He turned and looked at Glenn standing behind him, leaning on a pole and arms crossed. She didn't understand the look between them but either way, Glenn nodded. Seemed to be enough for the Grimes from the way he shrugged, turning back to the new family. "There will be jobs for each of you." He warned.

The family beamed at the words; not the whole job part but just the confirmation that they're staying. Roman acknowledged, grabbing his wife's hand under the table and giving it a small squeeze.

Cassandra's mouth curved into a smile as she spoke, "Can my dog stay?" Rick looked around, titling his head with a grin on his face, "I mean, we have the room." The blonde smiled big, giving him a nod as a thank you.