The Action Figure - Part 6

"And we're here~!" Momoi said, "Now leave it to us- what on earth happened here!?!" She yelped after they made it to ground level.

"Amazing..." Midori exclaimed. At this moment, she was glad that Arisu managed to somehow get Hina and the others to join them.

"Oh my, looks like the main party is here~!" Nonomi emphasized, "Go on, we'll take it from here." She smiled brightly and gently pushed the four.

"Nn, focus on getting the action figure, it's our top priority." Shiroko agreed with Nonomi.

"Leave the rest to us upperclassmen." Hoshino patted Momoi on her shoulder.

"It's an old-timer's job to guide you youngins after all~" She added. The others behind Hoshino agreed with her, including Hina.

"M-Me too! I won't forgive you if you didn't get the action figure alright!" Serika yelled, looked away, and pressed her arms on her chest.

"Uh... sorry about that. Serika is just like that most of the time so please bear with it..." Ayane mumbled to the members of the Game Development Department.

"A-Ayane?! W-Why would you say that...!" Serika interjected, her cheeks red as a tomato.

...Even amidst the battlefield, everyone shared a small chuckle. One single meeting had deepened their bonds, even if it was a little bit.

In the end, the friends she met along the way are worth more than finding the action figure.

"...A-Alright!" Albeit hesitant to reply, Yuzu wailed her feelings and used all her courage to reply.

"Ah, eh? Uh... you too." Thanks to Ayane and Yuzu, Serika's voice has grown soft. It was on the same wavelength as Yuzu's in a way.

"You girls finished with your farewells? Then go, we don't have much time." Hina calmly said and reloaded her colossal weapon, unbefitting yet the ideal firearm for Hina's figure.

While they were talking, more and more reinforcements arrived when they were saying their farewells.

Delaying it any further could fail the mission if Hasumi would be unable to stop shooting her targets who were tasked to relay the attack on the client.

"Mmm!" Arisu nodded her head, "Thank you so much, everyone!" Her face beams brightly. It made her happy that there are so many people willing to help.

"Hina-chan, everyone...! Take care!" She waved her hand at Hina and the others.

"Bye-bye~!" Nonomi waves her hand back. They may not be able to hear it, but it still felt nice to do so.

"...Youth huh." Hoshino mumbled, "How nostalgic." She watched the four of them run towards the building.

They are filled with so much ambition that it inspired her a little.

"Everyone, prepare for a long battle," Hina said.

"Mmm, I got your back, Hina-chan." Hoshino smiled.

"...Same goes for you too." Hina whispered. Together, they both stood against the horde of robots.

They only had one intention; it was all for the sake of the younger generation who had their youth to live for.

=======

"Come on, we're almost there...!" Momoi charged forward against the horde of enemies.

Heading to the building that holds the action figure, they occasionally get ambushed by robots from every angle.

But, it was thanks to Hasumi and the others that they were taken down before they even got close.

There was only one who refused to give up despite all the chaos.