Chapter 5: Vice Admiral Francis

Start from the beginning

" Rising and Setting Slash "

The attack however didn't injure that Admiral at all , and instead just damaged his attire and glasses.

" And I was starting to like this attire " Francis said as he put his hand on Zayn , sending a force push that knocked the wind out of him.

(" Gack!! That was strong! ")

" Thanks to the powers of the Sogeki-Sogeki fruit (" Impact fruit ") , I can absorb the impacts given to me from any kind of attack. swords hammers guns other devil fruit users , and send it right back to the enemy " he explained.

Orion chuckled.
" So you weren't just withstanding my attacks , instead it was your Devil fruit powers at work " he said.

Zayn sighed in relief.
(" At least that's cleared up ") he thought.

Orion planted his weapon into the deck of the ship.
" so what you're saying , is that you can take any impact. And send it right back? " He asked.

The Vice Admiral nodded.
" It was this power that I used , in tune with my knowledge of Haki and the rokushiki techniques that made me go from cabin boy to Vice Admiral in the short span of 5 months " he boasted in a calm tone.

Raising his right hand , the vice admiral showed his physical features.
" I'm so confident in my strength that I'd even go far as to say that I would be able to beat that man you call a legend if he were here "

This claim definitely made the Marines eyes shine in awe , however there was a pause before Orion began to laugh , catching the Marines off guard.

" Gurararararaa!! That was a good one " Orion stated as he cracked his knuckles.

" Something funny? Do you think otherwise? " Francis asked showing signs of irritation on his face.

" Yes " Orion answered.
" However.....you said something bout how he life was meaningless "

He disappeared and appeared Infront of the Vice Admiral.
His fist coated in a shiny black substance , just before crashing with it's target.

Francis stood still , surprising the Marines and Zayn.

" Was that all? " Francis asked.

Just then , a loud rumbling noise was heard from the Vice Admiral as he expanded for a second.

" That man was a savior to his country  , a hero to the fish men and a father to his crew. His final moments were an example of how he lived , with full pride and no regrets!! His last words inspired so many lives and caused one of the biggest rise of action since Roger's death!!  " Orion completed as he drove his fist upward sending the Vice Admiral skyward. And in the air , another rumbling noise thundered before the admiral glowed so bright emitting sonic booms before falling down like a smoking meteor.

His body landed on the deck of the Marines vessel , everyone stood with open jaws and wide eyes.

The Vice Admiral's body lay like a husk , smoke coming from his mouth and eyes white.

" So don't you dare say that his life was meaningless " Orion stated.

Zayn was just as shocked as the others.

(" In an instant....he ended the fight....even before the fight could go anywhere....and with such an attack!! What was that anyway.....and was that haki!? ") Were the thoughts in the swordsman's mind as he stared at the near dead man on the floor.

" He had the ability to absorb impacts yes? " Orion started , getting all their attention.
" So I delivered a punch so powerful that it filled him up to the point of blowing up. Think of it as a battery , putting too much electricity in it and it combusts mainly because it can't store it all " he explained.

And everyone marveled, fully understanding what the pirate had said.

" Just now , he said that he could've beaten Whitebeard " he continued pulling his blade out of the ground and turning to the marines.
" With what I've seen , he wouldn't even have been able to stand Infront of him. He's nothing compared to the person who's going to be the world's strongest man "

Time froze , and Zayn saw the man staring at him. He saw strength beyond anything.

The towering figure with such a drive that it was unstoppable , he practically radiated strength. Making it very clear that at that moment , nobody could tell him otherwise.

" By the way , this ship is mine now " Orion stated.

" Eeehhh!?! " All the remaining Marines yelled in unison.

Orion raised an eyebrow and chuckled.
" What? Did you think I was joking earlier? "

Zayn shook his head with a smirk.
A old voice speaking in his head making him question something.
(" Was he the person that Lady Yukomo was talking about? ") Zayn wondered.

While he thought to himself , the tall pirate came up to him.
" Who's that? " Orion asked now Infront of him , startling the swordsman.

Startled , Zayn replied quickly.
" What are you talking about!? " He asked , looking around he noticed that all the marines we're either on the floor or jumping overboard.
" And what just happened!? "

" Oh , well. Remember how I said I wanted the ship " Orion said leaning forward.
" Now that they know I was serious , they are jumping off so that they don't face the same fate that their fellow men have" he finished , pointing at the unconscious men on the deck.

Zayn pushed the man's face away and walked towards the edge of the ship.
" Who would want to get smashed anyway " he said looking over the edge and seeing the many Marines either unconscious , dead or just floating.
" And the Vice Admiral guy?  "

Orion picked up Vice Admiral Francis's body and chucked it overboard , no regards that it was a human body at all.
" He's not dead , but he'll probably sink since he's a devil fruit user " he said getting to the helm of the ship.

Zayn raised an eyebrow to him.
" Wouldn't your rather finish the job? "

" No. If he's serious after recovery , then he'll make for a fine rival later on " Orion laughed.

* Time skip *

The marine ship was now sailing  without any marines on it , but rather two pirates who took control of it without any difficulty.

" So how'd you learn how to use haki? Thought you said you grew up on the Timeless island " Zayn asked.

Orion dropped his big box of valuables which he took from his old ship onto the deck.
" We had access to knowledge about it thanks to a woman. Didn't know her name back then so we used to call her Miss Power (" not in anyway related to the one from another anime ") "
Orion explained as he sat down.

" Why? "

" Because she knew all about haki , training us and showing us how to control it. She was able to bend it to her will , teaching that skill to some of the others while still making sure we didn't get left behind " Orion continued.
" All in all , she was a great teacher "

Zayn nodded and unsheathed his katana.

" We made a promise to see her once our training was finished , all of us. " As he reached this part , the man clenched his fist.

" But...... "