FOUR; Magic Bullet

"Oh, it's picked apart until there's nothing left of us to carry on.
Now, we're facing the things we turn away from."

Daisy, Stiles and Scott, sat in their seats anxiously

Daisy, Stiles and Scott, sat in their seats anxiously. Daisy and Stiles were anxious about Derek, but Scott was more concerned about getting his test back.

"If Derek isn't the alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, than who did?" Stiles asked.

Scott shrugged, "I don't know."

Daisy continued to think about who else could be the alpha while Stiles asked more questions. She wasn't exactly focused on Scott's situation at the moment. Something else had come up.

Last night she had a dream. One that featured her elusive mother. She didn't get much information from the dream, just that something bad was coming. Maybe someone. And whatever or whoever it was, may have had something to do with her mother.

Daisy was snapped out of her thoughts when she saw and heard Scott yell "I don't know!" at Stiles. The entire class heard, making everyone turn towards them.

The girl sighed and looked at her friends, "Can you two ever be normal?" She asked. Stiles glared at the girl as she gave him a sweet yet sarcastic smile.

After a moment the teacher handed Daisy back her test and then Stiles his. They both turned towards each other, their papers facing down.

In unison they said, "3...2...1" and flipped the papers towards each other, revealing the grades. They both received an A+ on the test.

This was a tradition that Stiles and Daisy had kept ever since middle school when they started to complete over who would get the best grades.

"So, basically I win." Daisy said as she looked down at the two papers with a smug look on her face.

Stiles looked at her confused, "What are you talking about? They're both A+'s."

Daisy sighed and pointed to a red X marked on Stiles's paper, "You see that mark, my paper doesn't have that, because I got a perfect score. Beat that."

Stiles looked down at his paper ashamed, "OK, fine. You won this round, but I'm gonna get you next time." Daisy rolled her eyes and turned towards Scott. Stiles did the same. They both took in a sharp breath when they saw the D- on his test. "Dude, you need to study more." Daisy kicked Stiles leg and Scott angrily shoved his paper down on his desk. "Ow! That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up."

"I can help you study." Daisy said cheerfully.

Scott shook his head, "No, thanks." Daisy frowned. "I'm studying with Allison after school today."

That made Daisy perk right back up. "Oh, I see." She said with a smile on her face, and looked back at Stiles.

"That's my boy."