Four- The Strange Rogue

Start from the beginning

She came to sit on the couch at my side and I wrapped my arms around her waist, burying my head in the crook of her neck. Her scent relaxed my senses.

"Which pack are you considering?" She asked while running soothing fingers through my hair.

"I don't know yet. I've to send Eric to talk to other packs. Blue Moon pack is my priority. They've once successfully tackled rogues. They are strong. But I don't know if they will help us."

"They will. Don't worry, Dave. Everything will be fine." Her words were like a lullaby. I wanted to close my eyes and sleep for a really long time.

"I hope so." I mumbled, my eyes dropping. "I miss her."

We both knew who I was talking about. Manny was Sera's best friend. She misses her too. I'm glad that I got Manny as my mate. I was not very well acquainted with her before but Sera had told me that she was a nice girl and she is.

"I miss her too, Dave. I miss her too." I heard her say and fell asleep in her embrace hoping next day somehow Daniel understands his responsibilities and becomes a good Alpha.

**** **** **** ****

"What do you want to talk about Dave?" Daniel asked in a bored tone.

I was a second away from attacking him. His carelessness irritates me to no limits. I wonder where my real friend disappeared. He is nothing like that old Daniel I used to know.

"I think we should ask the help of another pack. I want Eric to go to Blue Moon pack and ask their Alpha for some fighters to train our wolves."

"Are our wolves not enough trained?" He asked in a harsh tone.

"No," I answered.

"Why? Is it not your responsibility to make sure our wolves are trained properly?" he growled at me.

My anger was on the edge.

"No, it's your responsibility. You are the Alpha, not I." I retorted.

"So you want the position of Alpha now." His tone was dark and threatening.

My eyes widened the way he took my words as.

"No. I want you to follow your duties as an Alpha. What has happened to you, Daniel? You even haven't shifted since past few months. What's wrong with you?" I asked exaggerated.

He stood silent for a few seconds. I saw a flicker of sadness and regret in his eyes. I had asked him many times but he never tells me what exactly his problem is.

"That's none of your business. Take care of the rogues for now. I don't want to hear about any more of your  nonsense." He growled and marched outside, slamming the door behind him.

I shook my head. God knows what has happened to him.

I summoned Eric and asked him to go to the Blue Moon pack. I hope no rogues attack in the near future, not until our wolves are trained properly. They may look strong but they can't even defeat a cat let alone an army of rogues who have trained all their lives.

My wolf felt my exhaustion and I decided to go home where Manny would be waiting for me. At least I can forget all this for a little while.

**

"I don't know what's wrong with Daniel. He has been acting strangely." I told her resting my head back on the headboard.

"Erin once told me about this Alpha. He rejected his mate and she died. The Alpha was unable to concentrate properly on his work and eventually, he gave his position to Beta." Manny told me.