Chapter 55: Radioactive

Start from the beginning

Her eyes swept over the mess of wires and tubes littering the floor, then over the racks that held hundreds of small containers.

I don't like this place. She decided. Rei carefully walked in, making sure that there was no one inside the room. She walked by the shelves of containers and paused.

The top rows of small containers were organized by pairs and occasionally threes. All had a small label that read 'Di'. The middle rows had containers grouped the same way, except that the label was 'Mono'. The bottom rows had numerical labels.

Rei reminded herself that she was here to find a weapon. She turned towards the desk near the tanks. A computer was propped up on it, emitting a dim light.

She headed towards the computer, and quietly glanced around it. There, on the desk lay a handgun.

Rei doesn't know a lot about guns. Sure, she knows how to unload and reload one, but the types of guns out there are beyond her. This one could be a glock, or pistol, a ruger perhaps. But she doesn't need to know a lot about guns to know that small guns don't hold a lot of ammunition.

She glanced around the room again, looking for a distinctive handle, or a barrel, or anything at all.

The room shook, and Rei heard a crack from her right. The 3 glass tanks in the center had a huge cracks in the center.

She paled. One tank has enough water to submerge the ground in three feet of water. 3 tanks and that's 9 feet. And Rei isn't even sure that it's water.

She quickly unloaded the gun. Theres 2 bullets inside and space for a third. 

Good enough.

Rei ran outside and slammed the door shut behind her. She dashed down the hallway, pausing at the door to her cell.

Why didn't All for One take my quirk? He could've easily transplanted it into someone who wasn't a hero student and thus less likely to escape. But he didn't.

...could it be? That he can be damaged by radiation?

The bullets in her gun suddenly felt more real. She gulped, quickly unloading it and rubbed the bullets across her palm, coating them in oily, fragrant nitroglycerin. 

Even if it doesn't work, it wont hurt to try.

Gun loaded, she rushed up the stairs, crouching at the end of it so that she would not be seen. Rei peeked over the edge and quietly watched. 

The ground shook as punches were thrown, debris scattering in all directions.

Rei hates to be on the sidelines, unable to do anything. But she knows that in this case, she really can't do anything.

A huge chunk of rock was flung her way. She reacted quickly, reaching out her hand and letting it hit the base of her palm.

It cracked down the middle and dropped in front of her. The largest piece was in the perfect position for her to squat behind it.

She dropped to a crouch, hiding behind the rock.

I have 1 shot. 2 bullets. Where should I aim?

Rei is a good shot. It comes with the territory of aiming explosions from her hands.

It's no doubt he can regenerate quickly. She observed All Might's punches. Hits that would've broken bones and tore muscles seemingly left no mark that didn't vanish immediately. Aiming for joints is out of the question.

If she is going to bet on radiation doing most of the damage over time... Then...

Rei doesn't know a lot about radiation poisoning. But she does know that it's main danger is causing abnormal mutations in DNA, which later leads to various cancer and tumors.

Her radiation must be enough to cause some of those, expecially if they think her nitroglycerin can create a bomb.

Trying for blood cancer will probably work. You can't easily get rid of all your blood after all.

It really doesn't matter where on the torso she aims for that. But just in case it doesn't work...

I'll aim for the lungs.

*Piles on layers of emotional sophistication so that u ignore the plot holes*

Meme: