Chapter 24: Trio

the first part was supposed to be a part of the last chapter, but the word count was getting too high and stuff

and im running out of chapter name ideas. help.

Radioactive whipped out her grappling hook a second too late. The air cannon hit her directly in the stomach. 

Her finger instinctively pressed the trigger, and the hook shot out of the gun compartment, effectively preventing an conclusive air cannon assault.

Her shoulder met the wall with a painful thump and a pop. Air bitch and Laser face charged again.

Miraculously, Radioactive managed to relocate her arm a second before they were onto her. She propelled herself off the surface with a burst of speed before turning around and and shooting them both in the spine.

They dodged and pushed themselves off the wall as well. Laser face made a grab for the grappling hook lodged in the wall, but his hand slipped.

In midair, Air bitch unsheathed a katana and swung at her neck. Radioactive countered it with a kick, catching the blunt side of the blade with the back of her foot. Her other heel met the back of his head, giving him a concussion because her badass boots had spikes on the toe and heel. Personally designed by yours truly.

Air bitch crashed into the asphalt below them. Radioactive landed 5 meters away from him.

"Fucking amateurs." She sneered, putting away her gun and bow in exchange for a huge pair of butcher knives, linked together by a chain. (Think demon slayer tengen uzui blade size)

She reached down and pressed a few buttons on her waist with the hilt of the knife. Blades unfolded from her suit on the back of her calf and forearm, and an aim-assist covered her left eye, giving the world an extra layer of yellow.

"Erm,... reinforcements might be needed." Laser face said. With no need to sneak around, he brought out his weapon, a straight and shorter katana that Radioactive recognized as a ninjatō.

Radioactive took a glance at her surroundings. The ground a few feet from her was cracked from when she jumped from it, and the building she launched off of had two spiderweb cracks spiraling outwards. 

"Hmmm. Is murder necessary?" Radioactive wondered aloud, slowly putting on a black cyberpunk mask that stopped at her nose. "You're about the skill level of your average trainer. Any tier 7 or above graduate can beat you." The last sentence came out muffled from the mask as she finished setting up The Murder 2000 TM.

"What 'tier' are you in terms of speed?" Laser face laughed, a slight glow to his eyes. "I'm willing to bet you never took an assassin course."

Air bitch brushed off the dust on his clothes. "Out of all the council members, you're the most spotted on your heists. Multiple security cameras caught your assassination, or more accurately, murder of Kim-Jong-un."

"But when you were confronted by heroes, you barely flinched. From the way you moved, it was like you knew their moves by heart." Laser face continued the monologue. "On top of than, you seem disgusted by blood!"

"Your point is?" Radioactive narrowed her eyes.

"You learned all those skills somewhere else." Air bitch went straight to the point. "Surprised? I bet you only learned weaponry skills under the Shinigami. Those types of weapons are rare and those who master it are rarer." He referred to Radioactive's double-butcher-knife thing.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Right. This is a coincidence. But she should stop them before they get too into that monologue or get too many reactions out of her.

Her knives moved by themselves. The loud sound of metal against metal grated her eardrums when she noticed they had both attacked at the same time. Her reaction was pure instinct.

She managed to avoid the next few blows with a mix of luck and intuition. On the power side, Radioactive was superior, but her enemies were faster than her.

After another round of one sided attacks, Radioactive saw an opening and managed to break Air bitch's katana with a kick, one knife aimed at his neck. Air bitch blocked the blade poised to take his head, neglecting his weapon. Laser face reacted a second too late, but still managed to slice off one blade of Radioactive's knife.

Time to take a page from Cyanide's book. She thought grimly, turning the bangle that sealed her left glove two notches.

Click. Click.

Radioactive held her breath, even though she had a gas mask on. A visor moved to cover her exposed eye. Right after it clicked into place, the forearms and back of her suit began to hum a mechanical buzz.

Oxygen, Fuel and Ignition Source. Radioactive deflected laser face's attacks while dodging Air bitch until suddenly he stumbled, eyes widening. "DON'T- BREATHE IT I-" He managed to hack out a warning before he collapsed with a loud crack!

"Too late."

Air bitch reacted a instant before Radioactive could explode the gas in his lungs. His chest shook with impact as he coughed out the gas via lung centered air cannon.

"Dang. Should've snuck some poison in there." She said, deciding to give the poor guy a rest break. Which was where she royally fucked up.

Radioactive felt the incoming wave of pressure before she was hit. The pack of gas on her upper back exploded, successfully nullifying the air cannon and catching Air bitch off guard.

Ignoring the stinging pain from her now slightly exposed back ( her suit was ripped just slightly, maybe about half a square foot of cloth missing), she spun and caught Air bitch in an roundhouse kick to the stomach. Her blade sliced into his top and drew enough blood to tell her that she nicked an organ.

"The paralysis should be kicking in a few seconds." Radioactive crossed her arms as Air bitch was knocked out.

She froze.

A hand was gripping her by the exposed back of the neck.

Well, shit.

Well what a cliffhanger lol. I planned to write some aizawa pov but maybe in the next chapter.

I present to you, proof that bakuboi's emo phase is still ongoing

Im including this is honour of edgeshot you lived a great life we're proud of you also u better not fail

Im including this is honour of edgeshot you lived a great life we're proud of you also u better not fail. (For manga readers who get it come and cry with me)

 (For manga readers who get it come and cry with me)