Chapter 54: Explanation

Once again I must do the summer hiatus where I would post once or twice a month stick with me pls 🙏

For your patience you get an explanation lol

Radioactive POV

"Fuck you, I ain't going on a suicide mission." He retorted, scowling.

"I thought you were that kind of person." Radioactive rolled her eyes. "Ya know, you say DIEEE way too often. I mean, I was like that too."

"Fuck you." Bakugo grunted. "When the hell are you gonna explain?"

Radioactive sighed. "How about right fucking now." She said tonelessly. It wasn't a question. Let's get this over with.

"What do you already know?" She asked.

Bakugo grunted, "You attended Shitketsu academy and were kidnapped in your third year."

Radioactive hummed, ignoring the insult. Argumentatively, at that time Shiketsu was the top hero school, before all the bad media it got forced the prestigious school into second place. "Basically."

"Ex-fucking-plain"

Radioactive tch'ed. "I thought my quirk was the same as yours. Thought there was no way it could be something else." She sighed.

"I thought wrong. On the surface, they seem identical, but my nitroglycerin was unstable. It was ignited by uranium, which for me is created as a side effect of adrenaline." She said. "That's why I was kidnapped. It was a quirk harvesting ring."

Ya know I like action better than duologue so let's have a

✨ Flashback

Objective: get out of here.

She examined her restraints closely. Her arms were strapped down, but her torso was not.

Glancing around the room, she saw a table next to her. Her face paled as she saw an array of surgerical knives and other tools on a bloody sheet on the table.

She quickly formulated a plan. Reisuki leaned her head to the side and opened her mouth, clamping down on the knife closest to her. It was narrow, almost needle-like at the tip, rusted copper forming a flat space making it look almost like a pallette knife.

She stared at the straps. They were iron shackles with a lock on each.

Good thing she knows how to pick locks.

Just not with a knife gripped with her teeth.

She still has to try. Reisuki leaned down, trying to break the flat tip of the knife off so the needle part can be used. She swung it against the armrest multiple times until it cracked.

Reisuki relaxed her jaw for a moment, staring at the lock. It was a simple key lock on both arms. She would have to unlock the other one as well. But it would definitely be easier when she has one arm free.

The lock rattled as she stuck the needle into it. She had to twist her head a few times before she heard the first click.

She adjusted her jaw's grip. Then she pushed the needle tip further into the lock, and repeated the process.

She doesn't remember how many times she did this, but she finally hit the last click.

Her jaw ached. Just one more part.

Biting down on the handle, she brought it to the U shaped shackle and dragged it out of the lock.

Her arm is freed. Rei grinned. It was a start.